GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am kind of undecided right now, here is the deal. I love my truck don't get me wrong but I just hate to hang on to it and then when I sell it not get anything back out of it. I love modding it out and doing stuff but almost feel like I'm wasting my time and money. What I am thinking about doing is selling my truck off and paying off the rest of my loan, about 6000 I think, and getting another loan for a tahoe. I want to get like a 2001 tahoe and just put wheels on it and be done with it. I love the custom truck thing don't get me wrong I just don't want to get totally screwed when I sell my truck later. I can get a 01 tahoe for fairly cheap through my friend because he is a dealer and can get me one for what he pays for them because he is cool like that. I didn't set up a pole because it's not that important I was just curious as to what you guys thought.

·
The power of beer
306 Posts
Well, that is what I did. I had a '99 NBS..I lifted it put wheels, tires, system...you know the whole nine yards. I loved how the truck looked, but it wasn't practical for me anymore. I sold it and bought an '01 Tahoe. I bought it for a decent price if that is such a thing. I tinted the windows and put my stereo and speakers in it, and that is the only thing I am going to do. Good luck on your decision because I know that it is a tough one. Yes, I miss my truck some, but I sure do like the Tahoe.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
if you're worried about selling your truck down the road after you have modded it, then i would go ahead with your plan and sell it now. theres no way you'll get back what you put into it.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I agree...if you plan on selling it later on, don't dump a bunch of money into it. You have a harder time selling it, and its not easy to find someone that wants a previously built truck...most people would rather start off with a stock truck and go from there...thats what i did.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I'd agree and say go ahead and sell it now to get your tahoe but once you put wheels on the tahoe I think you're gonna wanna take things a bit further and so on. I think it's hard keeping a truck stock. Even if it's just little things, I'd wanna do stuff here and there.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
yeah, its hard to stop at any time...but if u are able to keep yourself to doing little things, you have a more desireable truck to more people later on, some of it you can turn back to stock easily, and it costs less overall. If you aren't willing to take a blow in the end if/when you do sell, this sport might not be for you...i don't plan on selling my truck anytime soon, so its justifiable to me to dump a ton of money into it.

·
I rule!
423 Posts
I am not going to do too much to mine either. I want to get a 05 VHO so I may just get some rims on this truck if anything else(aside from what I have already done) and wait until next summer and get the 05.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.