Votes: 7 19.4%
  • do 25% or whatever the legal limit is

Votes: 7 19.4%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I need a new drivers front window, what should I do as far as tint. I previsouly had 5% all around for over a year and never had a cop problem. Thing is, now im alot bigger and attract a bit more attention. I still want it to look good though and not uneven because im keeping 5% on teh back and quarter windows for sure.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i'd go with 5%. I've had it for over 3 years with no problems. Had a problem once when I went to get a brake tag, but I just went to another place with the windows down and nothing was said.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
5%, no problems before, ur truck still would get a lot of attention, so might as well keep it on till someone says something

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
most of the guys sayin 5% are lowered...your truck is huge and it will already be hard to see so do you really want to make it harder? It looks cool and all but i'd do 20% if i were you

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'd go with 5% for not only will it look better but if you go with 20% or less then you'd have to strip it off the other windows and then re-tint. Just go with 5 until somebody says something to ya. The most they'll say is tell you to take it off for the first offense anyway.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'd go with a lighter shade... but thats b/c i don't know how "legal" your truck is... if you can get 1001 write ups, it might be worth just going with the lighter tint b/c a cop would be less likely to hassle you and remember that ur car is a rolling carnival.

·
Registered
232 Posts
texas truck....big isnt all that wierd here, just another big truck. hate to say it but most cops would just look at you and think "another stupid ******* fuckin up his truck." they see lowered and dark tint and think "illegal happenings need to be hidden behind dark tint."

moral of the story?

go dark :evil:

·
Registered
232 Posts
exactally. you just gotta think like johnny law...most criminal elements have neither the inclinitaion or the desire to do a solid front conversion. shit, they cant even figgure out how to soot their fucking guns right :think:

·
Send Money
344 Posts
5%, if you are gonna get a ticket for it might as well make it worth it. I have 15% and got a ticket for it..about to get another layer of 15 put on.....It actually saved my ass once...got stoped for doin 15 over and no inspection..cause of the windows...he just wrote me the window tint ticket and went on his way :rocking:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha, I havnt done anything yet. too poor. My passenger side has 5% and the driver side none. To be honest most people dont notice.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have had 5% for the past 2 years with not one single problem. One thing to think about though is if you are going to be doin alot of mud riding at night it might be a bitch to see out the back unless you have some good backup lights.

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
My cousin as 5% all around and 35% on his windshield...holy crap. When he meets a cop he has to roll his windows down so they cant tell. 15% or so wouldn't be too bad. I donno man. That is a hard decision.

Jake

1 - 19 of 19 Posts