GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my NNBS sierra I currently have a CCM 2.5" leveling kit and 285/70/17 BFG All-Terrains. After I get some cash I want to add a Zone 1.5" body lift and I was wondering how big of a tire I could fit then. I like the stuffed look but I still want it to be functional. I want to go with MTZs or Toyos this time around just for a reference. I was also wondering if I should get new rims. I was trying to choose between chrome DC-1's or Moto Metal 951's or just keeping the stock ones. They will be in 17x9 or 18x9 cant decide yet. Your opinion is apprechiated. Thanks.

Truck for Reference

DSCN1848.jpg

·
Registered
350 Posts
I am in the same boat. Debating either the 1.5 body or RC 3" with either a little bigger tire (still BFGs) OR just keeping the 285s with some after market wheels.

The offset of the aftermarket wheels and with them being 9" wide will make alot of difference on the stance even with 285s.

I haven't seen to many pics with leveling kits or small lifts with after market wheels? The Rancho website has a white truck that looks good IMO.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
look at my sig and you can see my truck with the 2" rc leveling kit and the 1.5" zone body lift with 285 bfg's

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you keep you stock wheel you can fit a larger tire, maybe a 295/70R17 or maybe squeeze some 315/70R17s that run small like the BFGs do.

If you go with the aftermarket wheels you probably won't be able to fit anything other than a 285 or maybe a 305.

Rankin

·
Devout Hedonist
147 Posts
On my NNBS sierra I currently have a CCM 2.5" leveling kit and 285/70/17 BFG All-Terrains. After I get some cash I want to add a Zone 1.5" body lift and I was wondering how big of a tire I could fit then. I like the stuffed look but I still want it to be functional. I want to go with MTZs or Toyos this time around just for a reference. I was also wondering if I should get new rims. I was trying to choose between chrome DC-1's or Moto Metal 951's or just keeping the stock ones. They will be in 17x9 or 18x9 cant decide yet. Your opinion is apprechiated. Thanks.

Truck for Reference

DSCN1848.jpg
I am still researching for myself, but I must say, those 33's really fill your wheel wells! Any rubbing at all?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I would prolly say some 295's or a 305 would prolly be about as big as i would go and still be functional.... And either toyo mt's or cooper stt's on your stock wheels.... i love the truck by the way, it's just like mine, but i have a chevy on 33x12.50 stt's...I wish i would have got a GMC....:nono:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advise guys. Right now it doesnt rub at all and it didnt even rub before I put the leveling kit on. I want a little wider stance also so I was thinking a 12.50 or so in width.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
your not going to get much a wider stance with just wider tires your wheels make the biggest difference, since you want a big tire in there i would go with an aftermarket wheel that wasnt too wide and had a positive offset something thats 9" wide with 5.5" BS would be perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts