GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to know your guys' thoughts...trying to figure out what to do with my K5.. i know the "badass" way sounds best but it will cost more $.. here are the 2p lans

AVERAGE
Keep it somewaht normal.. keep the 400/TH350/Np203, put some lockout hubs on for decent milage, 4 inch lift and 33's or 35's with stock 3.73 gearing and axles.. depedable, yet worthy.

BADASS
Go all out... swap my 454/Th400/np208 in, ff14b, d44, approximate 8 inch lift and 40 inch tires with 5.13 gears and lockers.. extremely badass and an eye catcher, but is it worth it?

I found a deal on some 33x12.5x15 m/ts on chrome rally wheels from a friend for $200 for all! and it got me thinking on what i want to do with the rig.. looking for opinions, maybe some new ideas!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Do both. 10 bolt and 33's in front, 40's and 14ff in the back. :anitoof:

j/k Do whatever works best for you. If it were me, I probably wouldn' t go all out.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Whifflebat said:
Do both. 10 bolt and 33's in front, 40's and 14ff in the back. :anitoof:

j/k Do whatever works best for you. If it were me, I probably wouldn' t go all out.
Theres a few old timers that roll the 35" BFG M/T's in the back and 31" slicks on the front around here. :read: :anitoof:

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i still havent really decided.... i might just go mild for now... then completely all out in a year or so. :head:

for now i think im guna run 4 inch lift and 35's, and put my 454 in.... goddamn i love power!!!! :anitoof: :evillol:

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think i decided... 4 inch lift and 33's.. that way i can save some $ and pay for my newer chevy when i find the right one to buy, and i'll go get a free 14 bolt and dana 44 and just build them axles up while i save money..5.13 gears and lockers.. then when i get them finished i'll toss them under it.

I'm not scared to run a dana44 with 40 inch tires, because i do no rocks.... the main thing i do is snow and a little mud.. snow isnt near as hard on components as rocks. i know where theres 2 dana60s....one is from a junkyard out of a 1 1/4 ton military truck $1200 (too bookoo for me) and one is under a farm truck that the owner aint ready to sell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts