GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...i've got a victory red 2006 sierra ext. cab z71. As far as appearance mods what do you think I should do? So far i'm thinking:
1. billet grille w/ gmc emblem
2. chrome bed rails
3. chrome tail light guards
4. chrome bull bar
5. clear headlights
6. Paint door handle bezel red and get chrome handles (same to tail gate)

now the mirrors I can't decide if I should get chrome caps or paint the area where the cap would go red?

any suggestions or additions?
pics here:http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62321# (post 11)

and btw - i've taken off the black fender flares (would clash with chrome too much)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok...i've got a victory red 2006 sierra ext. cab z71. As far as appearance mods what do you think I should do? So far i'm thinking:
1. billet grille w/ gmc emblem
2. chrome bed rails
3. chrome tail light guards
4. chrome bull bar
5. clear headlights
6. Paint door handle bezel red and get chrome handles (same to tail gate)

now the mirrors I can't decide if I should get chrome caps or paint the area where the cap would go red?

any suggestions or additions?
pics here:http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62321# (post 11)

and btw - i've taken off the black fender flares (would clash with chrome too much)
TTT:crazy:

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
I personally would also clean the headlights, and get a new grill. Besides that the truck looks nice. Use caution with the chrome. A little can go a long way, and just one piece can ruin it all IMO. It looks like you have the 99-02 tail lights. Get your hands on a set of the 03+ and it will change the entire back end. The color matched handles with chrome handles (not just stick on ones) will look nice I think. As for the mirror, I would personally paint the entire thing, I think that looks better than just painting the part where the chrome would go. Did you save the fender flares? When you do lift it, you may want to color match those, and put them back on. I'm just coming out of the bull bar phase, but if you like the looks then go for it. The bed rails, I would pass on those as well as the light covers.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
#1 - yes
#5 - yes
#6 - yes

all the rest - no :imo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok...i was thinking clear lights and billet grill first-I just don't want to screw them up...

btw-how did I end up with 99-02 tails on a brand new 06?

·
Fluffy and Armed
636 Posts
ok...i was thinking clear lights and billet grill first-I just don't want to screw them up...

btw-how did I end up with 99-02 tails on a brand new 06?
I have no idea. Did you get it through a dealer?:hmm:

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
i think that the gmc's still come with those lights...but the chevys are different. when i bought my truck all of the gmc's had the same lights.

·
Registered
640 Posts
you know what....a roll pan would look killer once you lift it up....come to think about it I have one for sale that would fit your truck and its already painted victory red, damn:crazy:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you know what....a roll pan would look killer once you lift it up....come to think about it I have one for sale that would fit your truck and its already painted victory red, damn:crazy:
haha...how convenient...i don't like rollpans on anything but lowered trucks. I've actually never seen one on a lifted truck...

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
haha...how convenient...i don't like rollpans on anything but lowered trucks. I've actually never seen one on a lifted truck...
Then how would you know you don't like them on lifted trucks?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then how would you know you don't like them on lifted trucks?
well...it's just somethign I associate with lowered trucks and can't picture one on a lifted truck...

side question - what billet grille should I get? I was considering the one w/ GMC logo still there because the red would match my truck. Someone suggested the one wo/ the logo, but most of those are bolt-over and I don't see how you couldn't see the old grille through it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts