GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of bulbs are you guys running in your DRL's and your parking lamps?
I have clear corner lenses, so i put in these bulbs by PIAA that have a bit of a blue tinge to them..they look great with the clear corners when they are off. when the DRLS are on they look great too. but when my headlights are on and the parking lamps/signal lamps come on with them, they aren't bright AT ALL....they brighten up when my signal is on but other than that they are dull as hell..i hate themm.....any pics of what you guys run would be great.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
i always switch mine out every so often, i have silverstar drl's and then some blue ones that look badass in there when there off but they kinda burn up my lights so i always try and turn them off when i get in

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blueish-purplish-orange eh? i dont think ive ever heard of that color combination before haha...maybe i will have to check those out.

im thinkin of switchin back to amber instead of the white/blue i have right now, but i just dont like the look of orange bulbs in clear lenses. at least not on my truck

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
blueish-purplish-orange eh? i dont think ive ever heard of that color combination before haha...maybe i will have to check those out.

im thinkin of switchin back to amber instead of the white/blue i have right now, but i just dont like the look of orange bulbs in clear lenses. at least not on my truck
yah kinda hard to explain them, heres a pic of my truck with the blue bulbs in and one with the silverstar drls in
blue bulbs
IMG_0518.jpg

silverstar bulbs
DSCN0580.jpg

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm....i like.

how do they light up at night?
mine are dull until they flash with the signal. How bright are they?

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
I run all silverstars in the front, high/low beams, DRL and parking and high beam silverstars in the fogs. I got some amber colored LED's for the corner lights, makes everything look uniform at night...no pics, maybe I'll snap some tonight

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
hmmm....i like.

how do they light up at night?
mine are dull until they flash with the signal. How bright are they?
which ones are you talking about? the blue look dull until they are flashing and then they look really good, the silverstars light up amber
I run all silverstars in the front, high/low beams, DRL and parking and high beam silverstars in the fogs. I got some amber colored LED's for the corner lights, makes everything look uniform at night...no pics, maybe I'll snap some tonight
same here when i switch it all out, i just put an amber bulb in the corner to match the orange at least, especially since i cleared the lights, they have to look the same color

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i have a 2001...so my lights arent the same as yours i dont think.

im talking about the lights right next to my DRLs. they light up dull when my headlights are on, but when they flash they light up bright. I wish it was the other way around.

Mauro, pics would be great.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
mine never work right so I just pulled the fuse and I dont worry about that shit anymore. I've tried multiple bulbs and they still dont work. No DRLs for me

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
well i have a 2001...
Mauro, pics would be great.
Cool, I'll get pics of both my truck and my Tahoe so you can see how your front end will look....I have the same setup in my Tahoe as well :D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya apparently noone on here likes their drls. i like mine. its the lamps beside em that are pissing me right off.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Smoked Lenses w/Sylvania 4114LL

DSC00825.jpg

4114LL bulbs which are designed to operate at 14.2 volts rather than the 3157K or 3157LL which are designed for 12.8 volts.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
ya apparently noone on here likes their drls. i like mine. its the lamps beside em that are pissing me right off.
the ones your talking about are your turn signal lights, mine do the same thing, there light and then light up bright when they blink

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea those are the ones im talking about.

they look like absolute ass. Unless they are turned off. haha.
i want something that will look better, especially when i get my HIDS

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Ok, here's my pics.....took a bunch :D:D The ones of my HD didn't turn out so great because of where I park it, and I didn't feel like moving it :D:D

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
some APCs I got at advance auto. they are blue, light up like a hyperwhite/bluish color. I've had them since like august

1 - 20 of 20 Posts