GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I pay hookers with gum..
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy who is doing my sas was joking around about a year ago about how he needed to step up his "hobby"...

I had no Idea he had this in mind.

http://hudlowaxle.com/trucks.htm

I think he is gonna do the classic style monster truck with an actual 70's ford truck body and opening doors.

This guy continues to impress me with his creativity.. I think I'm gonna drop a few more of my vehicles off with him in the future.

His site isn't completed yet, but here is the link.

http://hudlowaxle.com/

Thought I would share.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Where is Rossville?

·
this
1,584 Posts
Advice: Get rid of that weird ass tcase set up and get a profab or scs. That set up scares me and it looks heavy. Plus, how much gear reduction is he getting out of it?
Also, he either needs to go with planetaries or really beef up those axle shafts. Even with open diffs those spider gears are going to be crying.
The 2.5 reos arent very good axles in stock form.

Other than that, I would want to bring in the mounting points to the lower links. That looks like it would work but that is alot of weight to be stopping.
ie- needs more triangulation.
But that might be a "if it works, dont fix it" scenario. Give it a try first.

Other than that, sa-weeet!

·
I pay hookers with gum..
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is Rossville?
Northwest Georgia, Close to Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Advice: Get rid of that weird ass tcase set up and get a profab or scs. That set up scares me and it looks heavy. Plus, how much gear reduction is he getting out of it?
Also, he either needs to go with planetaries or really beef up those axle shafts. Even with open diffs those spider gears are going to be crying.
The 2.5 reos arent very good axles in stock form.

Other than that, I would want to bring in the mounting points to the lower links. That looks like it would work but that is alot of weight to be stopping.
ie- needs more triangulation.
But that might be a "if it works, dont fix it" scenario. Give it a try first.

Other than that, sa-weeet!
I have no idea what he plans to get out of it. He doesn't plan on beating the shit out of it(i.e. jumping it over airplanes), He just wants something to play with and learn from. Everything He has done on this truck he has done it himself.

for example, this was his first truck every body told me about. He finished it while he was in high school. It started out as a 2 wheel drive.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
i want that ford!

·
Registered
999 Posts
nice small block...:idiot:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
im curious....how the fuck do you get those tires mounted on the truck? cause ill be damned if its not a pain in the ass putting my 38s on, even 49s would be a bitch

·
Registered
999 Posts
the tool is clearly pictured

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
i bet he mounted the axles to the tires, not the other way around. to change em you'd probably need a forklift or somethin

·
Registered
999 Posts
and there are pictures of a forklift...

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
So what are his suspension plans? I see he's using hydraulic tie rod rams for his shocks. Is he going to go with an accumulator on the bottom with air pressure on top? Or fluid on top with accumulators top and bottom?

·
I pay hookers with gum..
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So what are his suspension plans? I see he's using hydraulic tie rod rams for his shocks. Is he going to go with an accumulator on the bottom with air pressure on top? Or fluid on top with accumulators top and bottom?
Jason, I have no Idea.. I will definitely give him a call and ask him before the end of the week and find out...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts