GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
99 ECSB 5.3L - bagged on 20s (this is steve's reed truck when i owned it)
Saw this in the Previous Rides thread, just curious what wheels these are

Way off topic, my horn sucks ass... do I just replace it with a new one or should I upgrade the wiring so it gets more power?

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Saw this in the Previous Rides thread, just curious what wheels these are

Way off topic, my horn sucks ass... do I just replace it with a new one or should I upgrade the wiring so it gets more power?
Caddy horns :read: There are 4 of them and they are badass.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
are they plug and play? I'm assuming you mean from an escalade?
No early 90's cars. They had 4 horns and are louder than ours in the trucks. You will only need the other 2 notes your truck doesnt have. You will just have to tap into your horn's existing wires. Search Caddy horns and youll see what im talking about. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No early 90's cars. They had 4 horns and are louder than ours in the trucks. You will only need the other 2 notes your truck doesnt have. You will just have to tap into your horn's existing wires. Search Caddy horns and youll see what im talking about. :crazy:
alright. I think I remember Denaliano got some...

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what I love about the boyd's is they don't flare at the bottom. I still like the ones on your truck but I like the boyd's better. not sure about an extra $400/wheel better though haha

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anyone know if corvette horns are plug and play? my brother's car scares the fuck out of me when it honks cause it honks on the first click of the lock button so I'm never ready for it, it's loud as shit.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
anyone know if corvette horns are plug and play? my brother's car scares the fuck out of me when it honks cause it honks on the first click of the lock button so I'm never ready for it, it's loud as shit.
Maybe. Youll just have to look at the connector and compare. His may have 4 notes similar to the caddy's or its probably 2 louder horns.

I got my 4 caddy horns with male connectors out of a local junkyard for $10 total. Im sure you could find something similar.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe. Youll just have to look at the connector and compare. His may have 4 notes similar to the caddy's or its probably 2 louder horns.

I got my 4 caddy horns with male connectors out of a local junkyard for $10 total. Im sure you could find something similar.
see the thing is I'm not looking to really change the sound from original. I saw Matt's video and I don't really like that sound... I'll check into the vette horns, I can't even find a picture online

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
see the thing is I'm not looking to really change the sound from original. I saw Matt's video and I don't really like that sound... I'll check into the vette horns, I can't even find a picture online
Well then you might not get what your looking for. Any after market horns probably wont have the exact same pitch either...Vette horns may be the only way to go.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
just get train horns:evil:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts