GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on what wheels to buy for my LBZ. Interested in 20's but may consider 18's. Looking for a black wheel since I don't want to worry about maintaining a chrome wheel and I can get the wheels repowdercoated at my buddy's. I like the way XD Monsters and Monster 2's look and still on the fence with Octanes. Cognito specs: suggested tire size is 33” tall and up to 12.5” wide on an 8 to 9” wide rim with 4.25 to 5.0” back spacing. Input here would be appreciated.

I plan on running either Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx or BFG TA KO2 in a LT275/65R20. The current wheels and tires on my truck are H2's with 33x12.50 Falkens but they hit when I turn the wheel more than half a turn with the lift set at 4". I will be selling the current wheels and tires since the tires are pretty new.

Also where are you finding the best deals on wheels and tires? Normally I just buy tires from Farm and Fleet when they do their buy 3 get 1 free tire sale.

Truck for reference:
IMG_3711.jpg

My old truck with 20" Monsters:
IMG_1582-1.jpg

Thanks for the input.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Id go 305/55/20 or 33 12.50. You should go at least 10 wide on the wheel. Moto Metal 962's come to mind. Or you should buy Fuel Hostages and get em powder coated gloss black.

It floors me that you rub 33's with a 4'' lift.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id go 305/55/20 or 33 12.50. You should go at least 10 wide on the wheel. Moto Metal 962's come to mind. Or you should buy Fuel Hostages and get em powder coated gloss black.

It floors me that you rub 33's with a 4'' lift.
Thanks, I'll take a look at those wheels. The combo of the H2's 5.5" offset and 12.50 wide tire make the tire contact the UCA around the ball joint area. I was really surprised too because I've seen lot of trucks where this doesn't happen. Only thing I can think of is that I set the lift to have straight CV angles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts