GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of riding stock height, and being towered over by everything, even cobalts...lol. I had a basic setup on my black truck, just a 3 inch body w/ 315's. i would like to see what the difference(pros/cons) of running a set up big enough for 37's compared to just running a 6" w/ 35's. i would prefer to go up to 37's but if its that much more of a pain in the ass i will stick with 35's. i had the 35's on my other truck for over 2 years and never(knock on wood) had any substantial problems, besides my breaks wearing alittle fast. give me some input guys, keep in mind i've got PLENTY of time to get this ordeal into motion.

ps sorry for the long post....i ramble:crazy:

EDIT: Pics please!...:read:

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
well youre from Texas so heres what i would do if i owned a gmfs but wasnt going sfa (and still waiting for somone to do it). Run a 3" body lift with glass fenders and aftermarket wheels that do NOT stick your tires out 6 feet with 37x12.50s

but i own a dodge that with 35s and stock t-bar crank im looking eye to eye with a gmfs with 7" and 35s

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sack up & go with an FTS 6.5" kit. you will be so unhappy with that 3" body lift in months. slight trimming and you've got room for those 35s. I'll beat anybody's price too.
badhabitcustomssig.jpg

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Sack up & go with an FTS 6.5" kit. you will be so unhappy with that 3" body lift in months. slight trimming and you've got room for those 35s. I'll beat anybody's price too.
badhabitcustomssig.jpg
:wtf: He ran a 3" Body Lift on is old truck and didn't seem to be unhappy with it... I say go with the full drop Pro-Comp, a slight crank, skinny wheels that tuck under the truck and some 37s! :imo

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Pro Comp 2nd rate lift @ best. The MAIN drops are constructed uf 3/16" sheet metal (1/4" and thicker is plate steel), I've had several unsatisfied customers come back with bent drops. The FTS is all 1/4" construction, way WAY stronger, and the price is no different. Plus the Kicker, you get a whole lot more upgrade parts, heim steering, uniball control arms, the list keeps going.
badhabitcustomssig.jpg

But to each his own man I'm not here to make up your mind man, just try to point you in the right direction.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i had my BL on my old truck and had no problems with it. i'm not doing anything to my fenders besides maybe a little trimming. and is the procomp a full drop because this is my daily driver and i have a 80 mile round trip commute 5 days a week.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and what general price range am i looking at? just for shits and giggles

·
previously USMC05
552 Posts
Do it but do it rigth. Research the lifts and ask members what brand to do. I had mine on 37"s and the kit plus ford keys made for some bad angles..
IMG_1930s.gif

IMG_1922s.gif

IMG_1926.gif

thats a 6" BDS kit, 3" body, Ford keys, and 5.5" rear blocks instead of the 4".
Hope that helps

9,777 Posts
what size rims do you want to run and are you going to regear? If you are talking about the truck in your sig I would throw a 6" Pro Comp on it and throw some 37s on the stockers :)

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
We can get 1/4" sheet metal at work, we do all the time. we get bar stock, and plat in many different thickness'. we get sheets 6'x12'x5/16" at times

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what size rims do you want to run and are you going to regear? If you are talking about the truck in your sig I would throw a 6" Pro Comp on it and throw some 37s on the stockers :)

i would like to run some 17x10's...if i lift it i dont want to keep my stockers. that just seems to defeat the purpose to me:imo but to each his own. i was doin some measuring today and i dunno if 35's on a 6in are even possible with the parking situation at work, i maybe lookin at just a 3in BL and some 33's:pissed: at the most, at least until we get to where we bring our company trucks home.

PS. pics will be up soon in member rides:read:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts