GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering for future reference.. might step down to a single sub, just because i have my 2 subs turned down low most of the time

My current setup, in sig below.. or a single sd2-10 with sae 600-d.. or e10 v2 with sae 600-d

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Your probably wanting sealed so sd2 10 on a sae 600

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, will be sealed.. are e series subs meant to be ported?

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
Just wondering for future reference.. might step down to a single sub, just because i have my 2 subs turned down low most of the time

My current setup, in sig below.. or a single sd2-10 with sae 600-d.. or e10 v2 with sae 600-d
You might even end up turning down the SD2 10, it will certainly sound better.

Your probably wanting sealed so sd2 10 on a sae 600
Agreed.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it would sound better.. might make my own box for it.. gotta stash some money each paycheck and hopefully have the funds by the end of summer.. put some sd2's in bstock and ill snatch one up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not try 2 e8s ported on the sae 600?
Would be a good idea... ive got time.. ill look into both.. im not much for boomy bass.. I like the tight punch of sealed because I listen to more country than anything..

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Here's where you and most other people think alike and are wrong. "Tight boomy" bass can be achieved through ported enclosures. It's all on tuning frequency and port area.

What people don't understand is "it's all in the box"

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Pretty much. My SE15 in a ported box built to spec and tuned to 33hz hit hard and crisp with pretty much any Genre out there. I listen to everything. Just wish I had room in my CC for a 15 lol

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how does i tune it.. never looked into ported stuff

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
If I were you is tune to high 30s. And to make it easier id use aero ports

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I mean, I looked on sundown's website and saw the boxes.. would it be possible to have a ported 10 with the port going on top of the hump under the backseat? Or would that end up not sounding right?

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldnt lift the seat.. work around it with the limited space, yes.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
A 10 ported won't work. The 10 would need to face down or up if you ported it which would create cancelation. That's why I'm saying 8 ported. Can be faced forward and ported forward

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
I figured it would sound better.. might make my own box for it.. gotta stash some money each paycheck and hopefully have the funds by the end of summer.. put some sd2's in bstock and ill snatch one up

B stock is B stock because it's B stock, not because it gets put there.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
B stock means there is an imperfection in the sub. Still fuctions 100% but there could be excess glue on the dustcap or a scratch somewhere

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are like my girlfriend.. yinses get serious when I say a simple joke..
I understand the ported concept now.. but probably wont go that route..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts