smooth wiper cover
shaved cab seams
shaved/relocated gas door
shaved 3rd brake light
shaved brake lights
weld up back end
led's in skin
repainted stock blue where work was done

My original goal, as some of you know, was to get this work done and flames on top of the stock blue. However, I've been going back and forth lately on whether or not to get them, because flames are so permanent its scary, and if I hate it I'm screwed.

So, if you had my truck and all this work was done and it came down to it, what would you do. You don't have to answer flames or no flames, you can say any other type of paint scheme you'd do, or just "yeah flames" or "nah no flames" :D Thanks for input.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
What is your goal... a show truck? I think with everything colormatched it will look pretty bad ass, because from your sig pic, it looks sweet. I like flames too, but just don't get too crazy with them. You could also two tone your truck.

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
Dude, I have loved your truck ever since I saw it. I think some ghost flames or a two tone would be awesome. Its really upto you tho, cause it is your truck. Go with what you like man, it will be sick as hell.
Evan

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Well, i went from stock to flames, and i love them, but i am going back to a solid color, b/c im going for a different look.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
id say a ghost flame would look sweet on there. it just depends on how subtle it is, how big, and what color pearl you use.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i think the ghost flames would look very nice. nothin to over the top, just some nice pearly flames runnin through it so ya catch a nice glimpse of them in the right light. the rest of the truck looks really nice and sounds like it's gonna be dizzzope.

·
Registered
342 Posts
an032nv said:
Pic in sig.

Right now its in the body shop getting the rest of the work done:

smooth wiper cover
shaved cab seams
shaved/relocated gas door
shaved 3rd brake light
shaved brake lights
weld up back end
led's in skin
repainted stock blue where work was done
Just wonderin how much it cost to shave the brake lights, 3rd brake, and the back ned up. Thanks

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
I change my earlier post now and say you go big and do a crazy flame job. Like 3 layers, 3 different colors and lots of airbrushing. To get the attention that truck is gonna deserve, you are gonna need to go allout or you could do a two tone with something separating it, but thats been kinda overdone now. Do a crazy and original flame layout. I think that ghost flames would be a waste and not get the attention you are looking for. I had em for a while and was never happy with em. You either see them when you don't want or can't see em when you want to.
Evan

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had an idea that I somewhat stole from another truck, but hell, everyone has done that by now right :D Anyways, it involves leaving the stock blue on there and painting the bottom part silver then rolling the stock blue back over as flames. The top part would be blue from the upper body line to the top part of the cab and everything under would be silver, then the stock blue would roll back over the silver as flames, and the pinstripe that seperates the two colors would also outline the flames.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts