GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just ordered my rims from discount tire today( BMF novakane deathmetal). And now I'm thinking of lift and tires.

Lift options
6" BDS
6" pro comp
4" ready lift
5" rcx

Tire options
Toyo m/t
Trail grapplers
Cooper zeon ltz

Ok, with those options, what would be your combo?
If you have other suggestions, please feel free to let me know. It's for a ext cab deep ruby metallic nnbs.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm kind of biased. BDS and Trail Grapps

·
Registered
158 Posts
BDS is my favorite suspension because of their lifetime warranty. Toyo's have the best mileage for a mud tire compared to Nitto/Mickey but I l.o.v.e. my trail grapplers. more than aggressive for mild to hectic situations. but quiet and comfortable on the road.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
cst and toyos

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
IMO go with Fabtech or BDS, but what size tires are you going to run??

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Fabtech, Bulletproof, Cognito

Toyo MTs

·
Registered
543 Posts
Depends how high you want to go. Fabtech is going to be highest and RCX obviously lowest. I would recommend the toyos though. Have had mine for about 12k miles and they look brand new.

Side note: I like college station. Dad lived out there for a while on one of his jobs, and both of our trucks were actually bought in Bryan/College Station

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Whats your budget? If money is no issue I'd probably run a Cognito BUT, that being said. My RCX kit has had no problems and its gotten me out of everything I've ever put it in. Poeple talk a lot of junk about RC but when it comes down to it, unless you're jumping or doing shit you shouldn't be doing in a street truck, any of them will work

That being said, FTS is the one kit I wouldn't run. Those fronts plates just look gawd awful.

I really like my Trail Grapps. If I'm not mistaken, Nitto is owned by Toyo so I'm sure their standards are pretty high.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.