GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you give me for my truck? I posted in the lounge that someone offered me $26K, I want to know if I'd be crazy to NOT take it.

Thanks come again.

Marcus

·
Registered
840 Posts
What he paid for it and has into it doesn't really have anything to do with what it's now worth. Now it'll certainly have something to do if he should sell it though. The problem is that you rarely get out of something what you put into it. That's just the way it is. Some details on your truck would help.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
It would go for $23-24k around here if you waited for the right buyer. Your downsides are it's a 2wd truck and it's not "huge".

·
Red Headed Step Child
397 Posts
I don't know your situation. I read the other thread but not too closely so here goes...

I think 26K is fair to kinda high from a buyers prospective. Depending on how much and how far you're towing your boat I think your truck will do fine. I've got a 2006 XStar that my truck tows fine. If I were wanting to buy the truck, I'd wave low 20's in cash in front of you to see if you'd bite on that (that's just me though)

In the other thread I got the impression that you're upside down in the truck. how are you going to get the title to give to the new owner? Do you have the money to make the difference to get the title? I know that's not part of the question but from a buyers prospective it's pretty important

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I'm just saying to look at what he has invested into it total, and what he needs to get out of it to justify selling it. If you can't break even on your loan, you should pay it off somewhat and wait a few years for a new one.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot about this thread. LOL

I have too much in it, and the guy just kind of disappeared into thin air. I figured he was bullshit anyhow.

I have about $7000 in just the mods. And its still not perfect. LOL

·
Registered
84 Posts
What trim level is the truck? What engine? How was the $7,000 spent?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
throw tha boat in with tha deal and ill give u 26k lol

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Truck is an 06 Crew Cab LT2 with 5.3L

Spend the money on the 7" Fabtech, 3" PA body lift, gap guards, 4.56 gears, labor to install, power programmer, 20" KMCs, 35" Nittos.... I can't remember how it all breaks down, but thats what the money went to.

I'm just going to keep it and drive it some more. I am too stuck in it to justify throwing more money at it just to sell it.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Truck is an 06 Crew Cab LT2 with 5.3L

Spend the money on the 7" Fabtech, 3" PA body lift, gap guards, 4.56 gears, labor to install, power programmer, 20" KMCs, 35" Nittos.... I can't remember how it all breaks down, but thats what the money went to.

I'm just going to keep it and drive it some more. I am too stuck in it to justify throwing more money at it just to sell it.
specs on the boat....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts