GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
I can't do any photoshop work, but I know that you will have problems with that tire size rubbing on the front inner fenders and you WILL have to roll your rear ones...

Pat

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoa... sweet... thanks jeff.... so a 4/6 will be a no go for me?...... geez... i was hoping i would be able to put some spindles and c notch w/ shackles if i wanted to go lower....

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
I can't do any photoshop work, but I know that you will have problems with that tire size rubbing on the front inner fenders and you WILL have to roll your rear ones...

Pat
hey pat, i saw on 03 silv w/ a 4/6 and was an SS clone... are the body styles that different?... so seriously though, to go lower than a 2/4 i would need to toss my SS rims?

·
Registered
397 Posts
onyx_silverado said:
hey pat, i saw on 03 silv w/ a 4/6 and was an SS clone... are the body styles that different?... so seriously though, to go lower than a 2/4 i would need to toss my SS rims?
Run a 40 series and you should be ok. From what I've been told you have to run a really lo-pro tire with anything that doesnt have the right backspacing to tuck with a bigger tire.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
onyx_silverado said:
A buddy of mine just installed his 4/6 on his 02...then a couple days later he went and bought some 20x8.5" wheels with 275/45 goodyear tires...he didn't talk to me or anyone else before he did this..the tires rubbed really bad in the rear...he cut the fenders and problem solved...but the fronts rub the inner fender and the outer fender pretty good on most med to large bumps...his wheel offset is 5 or 5.5" which is about the same as the SS wheels. I'd definately consider a lower series tire like a 245/40 or 255/35

Pat

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
If you didn't want to go with such a small tire, maybe a 255/45-20 .. I think Toyo makes them in this size, I think Vicred runs that size tire as well.

·
Registered
397 Posts
bcubed said:
If you didn't want to go with such a small tire, maybe a 255/45-20 .. I think Toyo makes them in this size, I think Vicred runs that size tire as well.
Sell your SS rims for some Boyd's :read: That way you can get a custom offset and run whatever tire you want.

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
i got an 03 sierra with stock rims and tires (255/70) and they rub pretty good when i turn and hit a bump, sux but its still driveable, that probably don't help you much having the ss rims and all though....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts