GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this on FSC, however I don't post there much so I didn't figure I'd get much response...

I picked up a set of Titan 18's for my '99 ECSB sierra. They are 18X9 and only .25" more backspacing then the stock 16X9 sierra wheels.

What's it going to take to run a 325/60/18 terra grappler on these? Right now I THINK that the front has been cranked a bit, but I bought the truck AS IS, so you'd be able to tell me better just by looking.

Do you think these will stick out? I run no flares and I really don't want rocks flying at my black paint.

Any info on this would be great... I'll resort to 285/65/18's if I have to, but I really like the look of the 325's...

Here's the truck at hand...
DSC04256.jpg

DSC04253.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Steve

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
You're not fitting a 325 under a stock truck unless it's super low-pro....

Those spec out to 33-1/2" wide, on 9" rims. I'll rub the shit outta mine, but that would be dangerous.

-bZj

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're not fitting a 325 under a stock truck unless it's super low-pro....

Those spec out to 33-1/2" wide, on 9" rims. I'll rub the shit outta mine, but that would be dangerous.

-bZj
Alright, let me rephrase my question then. What will it take to fit a 33X12.5 tire under my 99 sierra. I don't care what tires I can fit on it now, I care what I have to do to fit the tires I want on it next. They recommend a 9.5" rim, but I think I'll be OK with a 9". The Titan wheels have .25" more backspacing than my stock sierra wheels.

Hopefully that info will help me get some good feedback.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Is that two wheel drive or four wheel drive.

I have seen 35's on z71's with cranked green keys and blocks out back with some trimming. Anything can be done

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
BL, or SL.

-bZj

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Cranked green keys, bigger blocks and they will be stuffed in there. Grab a body lift if you want even more clearence, they look decent on the 1500's

·
hmmmm, i be damned
1,944 Posts
those tires fit good under a HD if you have the right backspacing. if your not gonna do a body lift, do not get wheels with a backspacing under 5" or they wont fit.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
HPIM0120.jpg

no way you can clear without a body lift. I rub on the back of the wheel well and I have a 3"bl and a 1" crank.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
pm jfoz71.....325/60/18 terra grapplers with 18x9 aftermarket wheels. Cranked keys or ford keys and stock rear block is what he is running. Looks perfect

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
just seems like the tires would still be rubbing alot but I guess the backspace can make a difference

1 - 20 of 34 Posts