GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i kinda got kicked out of the shop i was using so i need to buy a welder and compressor. im just gonna be priming or maybe a little bit of single stage. not whole trucks at once just panel by panel maybe a hood, or door at a time. maybe do a little interior painting.. what size do i need or what do you have and how much did it cost?

thanks,

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Well you'll probably have better luck posting this in the 'Garage' section.

I just got a compressor for Christmas from my Dad. He got me a Craftsman 26 gallon red compressor, but that thing was too loud for my taste. So I took it back and got this one:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Compressors+%26+Air+Tools&pid=00919541000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Air+Compressors+%26+Inflators&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

*It's an oiled 2HP compressor and quiet as can be. I love it and highly reccommend it.

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
I have the same compressor as the one in the link above, so far its done everything I needed.

Currently I'm also looking for a welder and came across the lincoln 3200 at home depot it seems to be an alright unit. Just trying to do a little more research before I put down cash on it.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's the same one Cody(1slow01z71) has too. I've used it before and it is pretty damn quiet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the relation between psi and cfm? i notice that on certain compressors that when the psi drops it raises the cfm. lets say my comp. puts out 6cfm @ 90psi how much is the cfm @ 30psi?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
if your worried about it, just get a regulator for it IMO.

on the end of my paintgun where the airhose would normally hookup, ive got an adjustable regulator, then below that is a water seperator, then the airline source. Its a little big, but i also have a large feed cup as well, so im used to it being a little more bulky.

Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if your worried about it, just get a regulator for it IMO.

on the end of my paintgun where the airhose would normally hookup, ive got an adjustable regulator, then below that is a water seperator, then the airline source. Its a little big, but i also have a large feed cup as well, so im used to it being a little more bulky.

Dave
thanks, but im not worried about too much air. im worried about not having enough....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts