GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad has a nice 06 BLACK jeep grand cherokee, anyways it has some very light swirling, and its kinda of annoying, black is a pain the ass color to take care of but whats a good way to get rid of the swirling?

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
yeah... is it hard to do? my truck is swirled to shit. should i just take it to a detailer?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
If you're working by hand, ssr2. If by machine, I'd go ssr2.5. Follow up w/ ssr1. Then top w/ a sealant/wax/glaze, etc. Personal favorite on black for me is red moose glaze underneath nattys blue paste wax. :)

·
orale vato! arriba!
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're working by hand, ssr2. If by machine, I'd go ssr2.5. Follow up w/ ssr1. Then top w/ a sealant/wax/glaze, etc. Personal favorite on black for me is red moose glaze underneath nattys blue paste wax. :)
now all these products are poorboys right? i still need to pick some of this up, and yes im doing this by hand buffer scares the shit outta me, im afraid of fuckin up the paint, once again thank you chris.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
now all these products are poorboys right? i still need to pick some of this up, and yes im doing this by hand buffer scares the shit outta me, im afraid of fuckin up the paint, once again thank you chris.
The red moose glaze is clearkotes product, but the rest if poorboys, yes :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Don't be afraid of using a buffer, I rememver when I was years ago but they're a fun tool to work with :D

Keep in mind that working products by hand takes time, lots of it at that. You can only remove so much when working by hand but with a couple of applications of each product it should do a fine job of cleaning it up. And with a nice glaze/sealant/wax combo you'll be able to hide some of the remaining swirls as well. Proper prep work (a thorough claying and anything else it might need...) makes a HUGE difference in the way the products work IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts