GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what mods are available and what tuners can tune the new CAN systems?
Will be buying a 08' GMC or Chevy V-Max in a few months.
I'm hoping the 6l80e is going to be placed in them.
Anyone know anything?

Jim

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
They have tuners already for them, intakes, exhaust, etc.

For forced induction or more andvanced tuning im not sure. I dont know that they will be offering that tranny in the 1500 trucks....never other than the HD 1500 was the 80e offered before so doubtful as well on the new trucks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have tuners already for them, intakes, exhaust, etc.

For forced induction or more andvanced tuning im not sure. I dont know that they will be offering that tranny in the 1500 trucks....never other than the HD 1500 was the 80e offered before so doubtful as well on the new trucks.
There are a few rummors that GM has a couple of new different tranny's that will be offered soon. Also heard that the 6 speed auto was a tranny that they were going to use in the 1500 series trucks at some point.
Magnuson told me they have a Radix kit that will be available for them in a few weeks.
I'm going to wait for the TVS to be available rather than buying the Radix. The guy at Magnuson said that would be the best thing to go with if I can wait for it.

Jim

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Rumor has it that for 08 the trucks will be getting a 6 speed transmission. I'd hold out on buying one until further information is released, unless you absolutely need a new truck :imo

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Rumor has it that for 08 the trucks will be getting a 6 speed transmission. I'd hold out on buying one until further information is released, unless you absolutely need a new truck :imo

Exactly. It's on the way, just wait.

2500s get a slightly more beef 6L90E.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I will be waiting.
This is good news to hear, as GM tells me they know nothing.........:confused:

Jim

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a new 07 suburban. It is using the 60e trans. I would think the new trucks would be the same.

Four2fight
Yours might have the 4L60E due to it having the 4.8L or 5.3L engine I would guess.
The trucks I'm looking at are the V-Max trucks. They have the H.O. 6.0L and come with the 4L70E trans.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts