GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BIG boys want BIG toys
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats is a cat - back exhaust ?
How is different from any other proformance exhaust like flowmaster or gibson? :think:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
a cat back exhaust is an aftermarket exhaust system that is intended to be installed from your catalytic converters to your tailpipe. meaning its a setup that includes pipes after the cats, muffler and tailpipe....

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Gibson, flowmaster, magnaflow, etc. kits are all "catback" systems.. catback is not a brand, it's just the name they give for exhaust systems that hook up from your catalytic converters (cats) back (towards the back of your truck).

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
usually with a cat-back system they put in bigger pipes as well. When i had it done on my pickup i went from 2 1/4 to 3 inch pipes. It sounded awesome

·
Registered
464 Posts
This is the common exhaust system for a newer truck, the reason the whole thing is not replaced these days, is because the computer usually takes readings off the exhaust know days, and if you mod to much, you can screw the reading up and mess up your computer. Plus, its illegal to run without cats in california.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Niche_98Chevy said:
This is the common exhaust system for a newer truck, the reason the whole thing is not replaced these days,

other than the fact that the O2's are before AND after the cats...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts