GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
What are you looking to do? SPL?

If its SPL, IMO, if your going with 1500 watts or more daily, the Alpine Type R will out do the Mojo...

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
memphis kicks ass! its what i run....

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Ive never run there stuff but i have installed a few and played with a ton more and its good stuff. I want to switch my amps to memphis but i need money to do that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
yup yup..ive heard good things about them too...im blowing apart my rear window though with my L7's...might need to take it to the window shop to get it re sealed

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to have good sound quality at low normal listning levels, but when I want to show off I want to be able to make the other persons car fall apart!

9,803 Posts
Their amps are TOUGH as nails and do NOT overheat. I had a Memphis 1000D running 2 L5 10's...I shit you not I rode from GA to TX (about 800 miles) and I NEVER turned off the system. I beat it at prolly 1/2 - 3/4 volume for a solid 10 hours without having it miss one beat. that was the moment when I fell in love with the Memphis line of amps. They are tough, put out the power, and stay cool.

BTW that was with the amp running at 1-ohm

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Their amps are TOUGH as nails and do NOT overheat. I had a Memphis 1000D running 2 L5 10's...I shit you not I rode from GA to TX (about 800 miles) and I NEVER turned off the system. I beat it at prolly 1/2 - 3/4 volume for a solid 10 hours without having it miss one beat. that was the moment when I fell in love with the Memphis line of amps. They are tough, put out the power, and stay cool.

BTW that was with the amp running at 1-ohm
ive done the same thing! that 1000d is a SOLID amp.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm running one of the older chrome 1000ds myself. Been running it at 1 ohm since 2002 when I got it. Even ran it at .75ohms for a little while. Had a 500d before that and it never missed a beat either other than burning up 2 subs with too much power. Last time I checked the boy I sold it too was still rocking it.

·
bombs on target
3,016 Posts
i will be putting my memphis belle in my truck(or something that resembles my current truck:evil: ) in the next few months...i love this amp and it was worth every penny. its the one right before the redesign. i beat the hell out of this thing when i had it in my ranger. the subs were the memphis power reference 12's. entry level but good. i would reccomend not going with the pr's for a sub that gets beat on alot. i would run them for a while then you would start to smell them. if you are looking for just a decent budget sub then the pr's are great.
i also ran the memphis mclass 5x7's and they just screamed. but they need to be amped. when i pulled the amp they just didnt sound that great. i actually rode around silent because they sounded that bad.

heres a link to the ranger
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/519346/2

·
As seen on TV!
863 Posts
I love memphis. My whole setup will eventually be nothing but memphis. Right now I have an old school 1000d running to kicker compVRs and it pound like crazy!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What I like is there products are cheap $1300 for the 4000 watt amp! $350 for a Mojo 12!

Does anybody know if the mojo sound better than the 12w7's?

·
TEAM WHITE!!!
159 Posts
the mojo is a serious sub but it is badass iv'e ran several memphis product over the past couple years never once dissatisfied and i choose there amps over any they are way under rated im running two m1 10s two pr component sets a 1000d and a 200x4 for around 800 bucks in my crew cab and i love it

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Ive always heard very very good reviews about memphis amplifiers. My buddy who has had all kinds of setups swears that they are one of the best out there. Personally I actually want to get a memphis amp for my two 10 inch L7s, but dont know which one to get. I see everybody here likes the 1000d, would that be a good choice for two 10" L7s???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts