GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the sas setup but not sure what axle to get for it. I was not to sure on if I need a 32.5" spring setup or the wider 36.5 for our trucks. Anyone know?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Why do you hate us?

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huh???

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it's because every time I post this happens..... See what I mean now?

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
The issue at hand is a lack of appropriate pre-question posing searching. Alot of things are weird enough or abstract or just new enough to require a question post, things like this however could be solved quickly by searching.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
The issue at hand is a lack of appropriate pre-question posing searching. Alot of things are weird enough or abstract or just new enough to require a question post, things like this however could be solved quickly by searching.
:word:

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did but didn't get exactly the answer I am looking for. What is the diff between these 2 setups? Any what one do we use for our truck.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
What is the diff between these 2 setups?
Id say its about 4"s.

You can use either, if you use leaf springs the mounting changes depending. The 36.5 will require proper offset and wheel width combined with tire width and height to keep it out of the spring pack at full lock.

My opinion is the 32.5 width is mo betta.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I did but didn't get exactly the answer I am looking for. What is the diff between these 2 setups? Any what one do we use for our truck.
Agree'd with the proposition to do a little searching, but instead of being a tool that just agree's and gives zero tech/help I will give some input.

The wider spring pad width (36.5") can work, but the larger tires may rub the springs when turning at full lock. The 32.5" spring pad width is optimal.

EDIT* Kyle beat me to it.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Dude if I had a couple of dollars for all of your worthless posts my truck would be almost done, so let the man speak.

Last time I checked forums were for Q and A's so lay of your high horse:shake:
:hmm:

Why do you hate me?

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Your verbal skills are impressive for 20.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
back to the topic.. But ok, I will look into it. My friend has a dana 44 from a 79 f250 but it has coil spring perches on it. Would I do better finding another axle or what is the best setup to find what I need so I can be on the lookout?

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
I was looking at the sas setup but not sure what axle to get for it. I was not to sure on if I need a 32.5" spring setup or the wider 36.5 for our trucks. Anyone know?
You have said yourself that your truck is pretty much a street queen. If I were you, I would just build a straight bar axle. You can buy inner and outer steering knuckles in balljoint or kingpin form. That way you don't have to go and source an axle and spend $$ to rebuild it when you will hardly use it.

A 2wd straight axle is for you. To build the actual axle, all you would need to get started is a piece of 3"-1/2 wall tubing, inner knuckle Cs and outer knuckles.

You can place the perches anywhere you want as well.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I wanted a 2wd I would have bought yours. I am keeping mine a 4x4 so I can use it and attempting to do the right setup for once so I am guessing a dana 60 then.

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
:hmm:

Why do you hate me?
I don't hate anyone I just get pissed off right away when someone rags on someone for asking a question. Who gives two shits if he has posted this before or what not. If you don't have anything intelligent to say to answer a question then why be a smart ass.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
word!!!! It's true, it's always a pissing contest around here. Stick to the mother fkn topic for ONCE please.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
I don't hate anyone I just get pissed off right away when someone rags on someone for asking a question. Who gives two shits if he has posted this before or what not. If you don't have anything intelligent to say to answer a question then why be a smart ass.
Just giving him shit like everyone gives me.

·
4,725 Posts
This is too broad of a question, need more details.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts