GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a magnaflow cat back exhaust on my dads 2007 suburban.

now i got his old exhaust sitting around in the garage. i want to take it to a scrapper, but i wanna know what its made of first.

its a 2007 suburban ltz flex fuel with 5.3 v8. dunno if that helps.

thanks guys

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Not aluminized. Shit would rust right the fuck out in northern states.

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
I'd like to know too, I've got my stock system sitting in my parents attic

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
k cool! im gonna take it to a scrapper tomorrow, ill see how much i get, and ill report back!

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
You might get more for it selling it to someone who can use it to replace a broken or missing exhaust.

Oh, and it's made of snips and snails, and puppy-dogs' tails.

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess your right, but the bend that goes over the axle is where i had to saw it off in order to take it off the truck..........so i guess they could reweld the pipe...but yea i just want it out of my garage.

·
GMFS Member
108 Posts
Not aluminized. Shit would rust right the fuck out in northern states.
I had aluminized steel dual exhaust for over two years on my ol truck and it hadnt started to rust....i live in maine. :hmm:

·
Registered
61 Posts
The exhaust is stainless steel. I tried to scrap mine off my truck after I had my duals put on and the offer was pitiful. He only wanted to give me like $17 for the whole thing. I sold it to a buddy who had a rotted out exhaust on an OBS and he offered me $70 for it, so it took it.

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i ended up takin it and a bunch of other crap i had in my garage to a scrap metal recycler...got like 7 bucks for a shit load of scrap metal...oh well. its getting recycled, and its out of my garage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts