GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is after i ran seafoam in the crankcase for about 50 miles and then changed oil, how do i fix? thanks

th_P4290001.jpg

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have sound, you have your speakers up? anyone else not have sound?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
weird, i hear it fine when i play it through photobucket

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
sounds kinda like a spark plug wire not all the on or something to me... like its arching :shrug:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds kinda like a spark plug wire not all the on or something to me... like its arching :shrug:
will check that then, thanks

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, im pretty sure its coming from the passenger side

·
Registered
52 Posts
well i have a bad lifter too and it sounds eactly the same and i would bet that it is either a lifter or a rocker but dont count out a pushrod i would say take a metal rod and try and feel where u have the vibration and then i would pull the value cover and check the rocker arms if any are lose or broke and then most likely u will see a rocker arm that is really lose... try it its the same way i found my bad lifter but when mine went for the first time i got a really bad misfire and it sounded as if it was missing and back firing up the intake, but as soon as i pulled the driver side valuve cover the #7 exhaust rocker was so lose that it almost came off the pushrod, i used some enigne slugde cleaner in the oil and it has stoped the tinking most of the time but i still get the tinking at startup...hope this helps

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that does help, sometimes when i start it, it just does if for maybe 2 seconds and then goes away, but most of the time it takes closer to 10 min for it to stop

edit: please explain what you mean by taking a metal rod to find a vib

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
exhaust leak
headers loose
rocker loose
injectors

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Id put money its that or a bent push rod.
wouldnt it tick or make that noise all the time if it was either of those cases? half the time the engine sounds perfectly normal

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
wouldnt it tick or make that noise all the time if it was either of those cases? half the time the engine sounds perfectly normal
No, those would generate consistant noises.

Sounds like an oil pressure/flow related issue. Seafoam very well could of dislodged some sludge/crusty oil junk and is hindering oil flow to one or more lifters.

MORE SEAFOAM!

Maybe a can of this

1 - 20 of 31 Posts