Don't waste your money on one. Look up black bear performance

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
the best one is the one you don't waste your money on. get EFI and the autocal

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
EFI live is s custom tuning application that adjusts hundreds of parameters of your trucks engine/trans and the autocal is the handheld device that loads the tune. You can also read/clear codes and dats log with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Diablosport. However, I'm switching from a Diablosport to a custom tune by Blackbear Performance. There's a night and day difference between a handheld and a custom tune.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
All a hand held tune really does is advance timing, and change the shift preassures, and points. Yeah it makes the truck more fun to drive but a true custom tune is a better choice. If you want a handheld for the non-commitment aspect go with a Superchips Flashpaq. It's one of the less expensive ones, yet does the same job as any other hand held tuner.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
You can also get a custom Diablew/Diablo tune. He isn't as popular on here, but is on other forums. Same as the Blackbear/Autocal, just a different tuner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The main reason I wanted a tuner was to pickup a few extra mpgs. I drive like I got a egg under the gas pedal. I'm averaging 17 mpg with city and highway driving. I have not modified anything yet. Its a 4.8l 2wd ext cab.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How much did you guys pay for your Diablew tunes and what are his options? Site is down for a few weeks for maintenance/personal break it looks like.

Diablosport. However, I'm switching from a Diablosport to a custom tune by Blackbear Performance. There's a night and day difference between a handheld and a custom tune.
How are you liking Blackbear? Is it on the inTune?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
How much did you guys pay for your Diablew tunes and what are his options? Site is down for a few weeks for maintenance/personal break it looks like.

How are you liking Blackbear? Is it on the inTune?
It's MUCH better than the handheld so far. It makes the "performance" tune on Diablo feel like stock. I had the in person tune done.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I believe the Diablew tune was $125 or so, plus the cost of the handheld tool. The custom Diablew tune is way better than the canned tunes that come with the unit. I can't compare it to a Blackbear tune but would think they would adjust the same parameters as each other, they just use different tools to do so....but I don't know. His site is temporarily down because he is apparently having surgery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts