GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Chevy Crew cab and I want to put one sub to fit under my passenger rear flip up seat. First of all is this possible? I dont want to raise the seat like i did in my old truck and I only want to take up the space under the passenger side since the seat flips up like a 20/80.

I had two Alpine Type R 12s powered by a Alpine V12 MRD-M1005 in my old truck and am selling the subs but am keeping the amp. I want the best subwoofer I can fit under that one seat and power it with the alpine amp. I like loud clean bass, If anyone has any ideas Id appriciate some options or input. Thanks

Edit:
I was thinking one Alpine Type R 12 shallow mount but am not sure if there is anything that may be better.

·
Former Vendor #EMFAudio
7,892 Posts
I have a 2011 Chevy Crew cab and I want to put one sub to fit under my passenger rear flip up seat. First of all is this possible? I dont want to raise the seat like i did in my old truck and I only want to take up the space under the passenger side since the seat flips up like a 20/80.

I had two Alpine Type R 12s powered by a Alpine V12 MRD-M1005 in my old truck and am selling the subs but am keeping the amp. I want the best subwoofer I can fit under that one seat and power it with the alpine amp. I like loud clean bass, If anyone has any ideas Id appriciate some options or input. Thanks

Edit:
I was thinking one Alpine Type R 12 shallow mount but am not sure if there is anything that may be better.
You don't need a "shallow" sub for that application, and therefore don't need to pay the price for it to be called shallow. You could do an SA10 for less than half the cost with better performance. I don't know how much airspace you have on just the small side of the seat though, I'd need some measurements.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have got 16"x18" on the floor then 4.5" tall in the back and 7" tall in the front. all outside dimensions. on the back i may be able to make the box form uo some to go over the lip and use some space going towards the jack.....let me know if you dont know what im talking about. Also on the 18" measurement I may be able to go to a 20"....Let me know what you think

·
Former Vendor #EMFAudio
7,892 Posts
I have got 16"x18" on the floor then 4.5" tall in the back and 7" tall in the front. all outside dimensions. on the back i may be able to make the box form uo some to go over the lip and use some space going towards the jack.....let me know if you dont know what im talking about. Also on the 18" measurement I may be able to go to a 20"....Let me know what you think
http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Sub-Boxes/Silverado-Sierra-Crew-Cab/07-Up-New-Body-Style-GM-Crew-Cab-Single-Downfire-Box.html is that the correct side? I believe it is. That would solve the box problem. You could do an SA10 or SD2-10, that would work great.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is not the correct side. with the measurements given do you think I will have the needed air space? I have no problem building the box. I have been doing some research and checking out reviews on the subs and I am deffinatly excited about subwoofer.

·
Former Vendor #EMFAudio
7,892 Posts
that is not the correct side. with the measurements given do you think I will have the needed air space? I have no problem building the box. I have been doing some research and checking out reviews on the subs and I am deffinatly excited about subwoofer.
You only need 0.5 cu. ft. for an SA10, off rough math you can do it, and we know depth works if you bump the back of it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i got a single 10 ported pro box it goes under the rear seat but it takes up pretty much all the space under the seat . it sounds good tho i was very suprised for it being a single 10.

·
GMFS Member
1 Posts
I wanted to do the exact same thing. Wondering where you found a box or if you built it yourself, and if you are still selling those alpine type r subs?

·
Registered
7 Posts

Edit:
This is one factor that will never be discussed fully in length. Does really size matter? Which one will produce the loudest and the lowest?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts