GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to do pacesetters with off road y-pipe but i heard in mass its $2000 per cat missing. the truck is an 02 silverado 5.3L so it has 2 cats. i know alot of people here do cat delete with off road y-pipe but how many of you have had a problem?:bowtie:

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
chances are good, you gota think they are required to look when you get an inspection... so unless you got a hookup you wont pass #1, and if they want to be a dick they could report it.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
2 grand a cat? man. i hope i don't get caught after i put them on this weekend.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you gut your cats it will pass visual but not sniff right? would that workout good to buy an ory and just weld in gutted cats?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Why not do something like...LT's, Y pipe, 1 cat, 1 muffler, dumped....3" pipe

If I had money to be putting into my truck (or even wanted it anymore) that's what I'd do...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Why not do something like...LT's, Y pipe, 1 cat, 1 muffler, dumped....3" pipe

If I had money to be putting into my truck (or even wanted it anymore) that's what I'd do...
The vehicle has to have the same # of cats it did stock, in this case, 2.

Gutted cats will pass visual but not the sniffer.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah, I'd just get some nice hi-flows and call it good, not worth the BS if you think you'll get caught.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
straight pipe your stockers IMO... if your tune is on, you wont fail any sniffers.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Or just have it to where the cats have flanges and interchange bewtween cats and straight pipes when you want. Thats how my FLPs are on my car they have a section where cats could go.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
well here in MA they don't do a sniffer test on vehicles 96 and newer, just the OBDII test. the only thing to worry about is the visual. i dont need an inspection til May. i plan on just hopeing the guy doesnt look. if you did get caught and did get fined, i bet you could get that fine taken away as soon as you get cats and can prove that you have them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i heard magnaflow makes a high flow cat thats like 4 inches long and its wicked high flow. anybody know what im talkin about and have any links to one?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was going to remove my cats also, but too good of a chance of getting caught. I heard massachusetts is really strict on this, soon to be ny too. I heard that when your driving down the road theres sniffers on the sides of the roads that can detect the o2 and you will get tickets, I think this is BS but who knows these days.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
I was going to remove my cats also, but too good of a chance of getting caught. I heard massachusetts is really strict on this, soon to be ny too. I heard that when your driving down the road theres sniffers on the sides of the roads that can detect the o2 and you will get tickets, I think this is BS but who knows these days.
Yep. Vans on the side of the road will have sensors, confirmed by my GF who works for SGS Testcom - She's an engineer for the NYVIP (NY vehicle inspection program), Cali Smog Check and a bunch of other states....

It's a great way for states to make money... so everyone is going to have this soon... Even you guys out in the boonies! :pow:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts