GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen numerous custom trucks lately that have a b&m shifter mounted in them. it replaces the stock automatic column shifter, iknow this, but how does a manual style shifter work with a stock automatic transmition. Can u just let off and shift or does it work just like the tree.

just wondering, if anybody knows please enlighten me.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yep, just has the cable run down through the floor to shift the tranny... Shifts the exact same way... That is of course unless you run a manual valve body.

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
shifts the same way but has a ratchet shifting action so you don't make an oops and go in reverse at 60 mph

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thArf said:
shifts the same way but has a ratchet shifting action so you don't make an oops and go in reverse at 60 mph
sounds like it could be a good mod in an automatic off-roader.... what do yall think?

·
What's this button do?
109 Posts
only time i see it being useful is when you're climbin a big hill and want to downshift easier, which isn't hard to learn with the column shifter.

but they do look cool :bowtie:

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
everytime i race in pismo i start off in 1st and go through 2nd. Used to hit 3rd when i had 31's on.

It works fine for me even with all the bumps but i do occasionaly throw it in 3rd. very frustrating cuz i usually end up loosing when that happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts