GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my lack of engine knowledge, but I'm trying to learn, hehe. I am just moving away from car audio now (in which i learned a lot) to cars which I dont know so much. Thanks, MIchael.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
if i remember right, the short block is just the bare block with crank, bearings, pistons and connecting rods.

the long block has got heads and the valve train installed.all it needs is the tin parts, and intake/exhaust

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh said:
if i remember right, the short block is just the bare block with crank, bearings, pistons and connecting rods.

the long block has got heads and the valve train installed.all it needs is the tin parts, and intake/exhaust
ahhh, thank you!!! so it has nothing to do with the size/length of the block LOL :shake:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
nope, nothing to do with block size...small block is just the bare block with pretty muhc teh bottom end...lets you choose heads, intake, every other accessory on the motor, long block has the heads and most other stuff...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Josh said:

:word: sounds about right to me, although it may be different depending on which shop you're at. I've heard definitions of short block including oil pan and pump too.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Whifflebat said:
:word: sounds about right to me, although it may be different depending on which shop you're at. I've heard definitions of short block including oil pan and pump too.
VERY true. some shops give more than others...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts