GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the big difference between them besides price?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
i had a 15" L7 D2VC in a ported box with 1505W RMS @ 1 ohm powering it. best sub i ever owned.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Why would you go Solobaric? I know I'm about to piss some people off here but they are not made to last. I had both 12" L5s and L7s. The L7s (12s) hold 1500 peak and 750 rms, the L5s (12s) hold 1500 peak and 750 rms so you see its not a power rating its really the sound quality. The L7s do have a little bit better sound quality than the L5s, both subs sound great, WHILE THEY LAST. I turned in my L7s so many times that they quit warrantying them, thats when i went with the L5s (cheaper). For the money look into getting a Memphis Mojo i think you would be amazed!

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like their rep. for being hard and loud. I looked at the Memphis stuff, but the Mojo is expensive from what I seen. I can get the L7 for about $150-$180.

·
-Consistantly Retarded-
624 Posts
Train horns get louder, and they are clearer.... just install some of those.

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
I like my two l5s. My buddies has 2two l7s his don't get much louder than mine IMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I blew both my L5's in the first month I had them in my titan, I think because they would hit the bottom of my seat. But Kicker does fail when it comes to sound quality and durability IMO. there are a bunch of subs that are better and hit hard for the same amount of money as a kicker L7. You just need to shop around.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I blew both my L5's in the first month I had them in my titan, I think because they would hit the bottom of my seat. But Kicker does fail when it comes to sound quality and durability IMO. there are a bunch of subs that are better and hit hard for the same amount of money as a kicker L7. You just need to shop around.
WHats a better sub that hits harder and is less that $200?

·
1,847 Posts
I know I'm about to piss some people off here but they are not made to last. !
I disagree....My solobaric lasted me a year and then I sold it to my friend and he's had it almost 2 years and he pushes it hard!
I know plenty of other people with them and they've lasted forever. But the mojo is a nice sub

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wouldnt say they are lacking durability at all but i guess there is the one in a million. I have L5's and i love them( even though i dont have anything to put them in). My buddy has two L7's in a camaro and they are loud but no louder then mine really..

I have some forsale in the sale section. I hardly got to use them but when i did, they was awesome.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts