·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an OE 145a for $75 brand new plus shipping. Deal? or no? :hmm:

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
thats an excellent deal for a late model large housing unit. this and an overdrive pulley will easily get you to 90-100 amps at idle depending on rpm.thats a big improvement considering a 105 amp unit will only idle around 45-50 amps.Do you know the mileage of the vehicle it came off of?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
$100 shipped is about right.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats an excellent deal for a late model large housing unit. this and an overdrive pulley will easily get you to 90-100 amps at idle depending on rpm.thats a big improvement considering a 105 amp unit will only idle around 45-50 amps.Do you know the mileage of the vehicle it came off of?
not sure exactly what you're asking....it's a brand new alt, but it would be replacing my 105 at 65k...:bowtie:

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much do you sell your overdrive pulleys for? And what kind of a difference would it make on the belt size and my ability to get belts? I've never messed with my pulleys before. :crazy:

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
How much do you sell your overdrive pulleys for? And what kind of a difference would it make on the belt size and my ability to get belts? I've never messed with my pulleys before. :crazy:
23$ shipped.When going from the 105 amp to the 145 with an overdrive pulley you'll need to get a belt that is 1-1.5 inches shorter than stock. Now,I have had some guys tell me they didnt need a shorter belt and some have needed one.The only thing I can think as to why some do and some dont, is the condition of the belt tensioner.You can get the belts anywhere, Azone, Advance, napa, oreily.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I'd install new belts while you're in there.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
23$ shipped.When going from the 105 amp to the 145 with an overdrive pulley you'll need to get a belt that is 1-1.5 inches shorter than stock. Now,I have had some guys tell me they didnt need a shorter belt and some have needed one.The only thing I can think as to why some do and some dont, is the condition of the belt tensioner.You can get the belts anywhere, Azone, Advance, napa, oreily.
i have one of ron's pulleys. i didnt need a new belt. it helped pick my voltage back up at idle!:shake:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
i have one of ron's pulleys. i didnt need a new belt. it helped pick my voltage back up at idle!:shake:

When you get ASPs you'll need them... ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Does the 145 work on all NBS style trucks?

Where is the best place to get them?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
Does the 145 work on all NBS style trucks?

Where is the best place to get them?
Just make sure the regulator plugs are the same.There is an oddball 2 plug Bosch unit out there on some the 05's.The delco/delfi units have a 4 pin oval plug for the regulator.Just make sure the plug on your truck matches the plug on the alty that your getn.

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
got a pic, I'd like to see this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
got a pic, I'd like to see this.
Me? The plugs were the same, but my stock 99 had one wire in the plug. The 03 alternator from the junkyard still had the plug attached and it had three wires coming out of it. I am away from my truck, but if you want to wait a couple days I'll post up pics of the connector. All I have now is a pic of the alternator on the truck.

·
OGMFS Member
1,327 Posts
I just bought one on ebay 95 bucks shipped do some searching!!!!
the plug, not the alt. the only searching I be doing is in a warehouse full of alternators, if I need a "good deal" :LOL:

Me? The plugs were the same, but my stock 99 had one wire in the plug. The 03 alternator from the junkyard still had the plug attached and it had three wires coming out of it. I am away from my truck, but if you want to wait a couple days I'll post up pics of the connector. All I have now is a pic of the alternator on the truck.
thought you ment that you had the 2 pin plug that I mentioned, and was curious as to the color code of the regulator harness itself, the part that plugs into the alty.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got mine for $87 shipped!! :bowtie:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts