GMC Truck Forum banner

What's the going rate for 145amp alternators?

1103 Views 17 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  tb8100
I found an OE 145a for $75 brand new plus shipping. Deal? or no? :hmm:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· attention whore
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats an excellent deal for a late model large housing unit. this and an overdrive pulley will easily get you to 90-100 amps at idle depending on rpm.thats a big improvement considering a 105 amp unit will only idle around 45-50 amps.Do you know the mileage of the vehicle it came off of?
not sure exactly what you're asking....it's a brand new alt, but it would be replacing my 105 at 65k...:bowtie:

· attention whore
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats an excellent deal for a late model large housing unit. this and an overdrive pulley will easily get you to 90-100 amps at idle depending on rpm.thats a big improvement considering a 105 amp unit will only idle around 45-50 amps.Do you know the mileage of the vehicle it came off of?
How much do you sell your overdrive pulleys for? And what kind of a difference would it make on the belt size and my ability to get belts? I've never messed with my pulleys before. :crazy:

· attention whore
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got mine for $87 shipped!! :bowtie:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.