GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know fords can go anywhere from 800-1200 bucks but what about a GM? ALso whats the best way to make sure its a D 60 and not a D44? Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I paid $1100 for mine, ebay they are about $800 or so... If you want a good one thats usable with no rebuilding needed their usually around $1500. Mine needed to be completely rebuilt.

If you have to ask what the difference is are you sure you need a 60? :crazy: Anyway, 60 uses kingpins with 4 bolts holding on each king pin cap on top of the knuckle. The caps are square with a raised cylinder coming out of them. The 44 uses 3 bolts on the steering arm and has ball joints. On the 60 the pass. side spring is held on with only one u-bolt and 2 5/8" bolts, the 44 will have 2 u-bolts on the pass side. 60 has a 60F cast into the ribbing on the center section.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im not the one needing the 60 but i have a good oppurtunity hear in being the middle man. Reason i asked the diff is because i want to make sure without a tdobut that i dont mess it up. is the 60 on the top or bottom of the center section.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and btw i didnt realize you used a GM dana 60 on your truck i thought you went with a ford and driver side drop

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I did go with a ford, I also have a gm laying around looking for something to go on... Anyway, the 60f is cast into the ribs, usually on top on the pass. side of the diff, but you probably won't see it due to the grease and gunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts