GMC Truck Forum banner

Whats the going Rate for GM Dana 60's

1085 5
i know fords can go anywhere from 800-1200 bucks but what about a GM? ALso whats the best way to make sure its a D 60 and not a D44? Thanks!!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I paid $1100 for mine, ebay they are about $800 or so... If you want a good one thats usable with no rebuilding needed their usually around $1500. Mine needed to be completely rebuilt.

If you have to ask what the difference is are you sure you need a 60? :crazy: Anyway, 60 uses kingpins with 4 bolts holding on each king pin cap on top of the knuckle. The caps are square with a raised cylinder coming out of them. The 44 uses 3 bolts on the steering arm and has ball joints. On the 60 the pass. side spring is held on with only one u-bolt and 2 5/8" bolts, the 44 will have 2 u-bolts on the pass side. 60 has a 60F cast into the ribbing on the center section.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im not the one needing the 60 but i have a good oppurtunity hear in being the middle man. Reason i asked the diff is because i want to make sure without a tdobut that i dont mess it up. is the 60 on the top or bottom of the center section.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and btw i didnt realize you used a GM dana 60 on your truck i thought you went with a ford and driver side drop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.