GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
The new superlift centerlink drops the tie-rod mounting location's but in doing so requires an extra support to keep the link from flopping forward and back when you apply force when turning.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if that would be causing the popping noise my front end makes? No not the steering shaft. And whats Delrin? Some material?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wonder if that would be causing the popping noise my front end makes? No not the steering shaft. And whats Delrin? Some material?

I have an 02 Yukon that has a popping, clicking type noise in the front end too...You can feel it in the wheel more when you go over a bumpy road...Or when I am making an easy right turn....Driving me crazy....I'v looked and checked just about everything but I can't find anything....Anyone have and thoughts...

·
Registered
194 Posts
My popping noise drove me ape shit. I checked every freakin thing. Finally took it to the dealer and with the chassis ears they found the A and B body mounts on the driver side to be bad. $380 fixed em both, but it is really only about $130 worth of parts for two mounts and shields. If your noise feels like it is under you feet, I would think about replacing at least the first mount.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
that is your centerlink support. keeps the link from moving like kyle said.
The Law has a superlift and to my knowlege has never greased his kit at all and has wheeled it in the swamp and nothing is worn. keep grease in the bushing and it helps keep noises down.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My popping noise drove me ape shit. I checked every freakin thing. Finally took it to the dealer and with the chassis ears they found the A and B body mounts on the driver side to be bad. $380 fixed em both, but it is really only about $130 worth of parts for two mounts and shields. If your noise feels like it is under you feet, I would think about replacing at least the first mount.

Thanks, I'll check it out..

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Those bushings do wear actually and I wouldn't be at all suprised if it was the cause of your noises. You have to be stupid vigilant with grease to prolong the life of the stock urethane bushings they provide as the material just doesn't have enough hardness and lubricating poperties to survive in the location its in, but hey it's cheap right? Until you try and order more from Superlift so I hear.

Id get the OD, ID, height and flange OD and have a new set made of a different material. Delrin is good in that is pretty cheap and much harder than urethane but we have a lot of issue at work with heat related cracking and expansion of Delrin bushings, though they are in a more precise environment so these may work for you. The current solution Ive got out right now at the CNC are 841 oil impregnated bronze bushings. The material isn't cheap and you would probably be looking at about $70 for it, but the machining work is much less than mild steel. For your app you probably wouldn't even need an oil impregnated alloy, just a mild hardness bronze with pleny of lubrication from grease externally as your app has a really low cyclic rate compared most app's. Desicions, desicions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts