GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you remove the tail gate cover from a NBS truck, what do you find. I expect some mount holes but need to know if there is solid metal underneath or is it hollow?

Thinking of removing cover and filling holes then getting a spray liner.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you have the tailgate cap that hugs the tailgate, there are 4 square holes on the outside.

If you have the tailgate cap that is real wide on the top with 4 bolts in the back, there are 4 square holes with riv-nuts in them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cool.

Long before I bought this truck I saw some truck of unknown make that had a tail gate cap removed exposing a huge valley on the top of the gate. I was hoping the NBS is not made that way.

It looks like the cap just clips into the holes on the rear of the tail gate. Is there a trick to getting the cap off without breaking the clips? Mine is the type that just hugs the tail gate. No spoiler/wedge.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
if you have the smooth cap it is just on there with some double sided tape. inside and outside. just let it sit in the sun and get nice and warm and start pulling. use your prefered adhesive remover to get rid of the rest. then there are 4 hew shaped holes in the tailgate face. worked out for me cause i put the Chevrolet spoiler thing on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts