GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Profit
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my tranny started acting up. I drove back up from Daytona yesterday morning and everything was normal. It was about a 7 hour drive at highway speeds. When I got back in town I noticed that my tranny wouldn't go into 2nd. When I start from a stop, it keeps in 1st till 5-6k, then it shifts to 3rd. When I'm in third and it wants to downshift, it goes straight back down to 1st. Is it time for my 4L60e experience?

·
NIGHT CREW
2,915 Posts
Sounds like it to me. Welcome to the club. Mines been down 4 times now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
yea sounds like you are missing 2nd gear. i am not looking for the day it happens to me. i have my new one picked out already. fully built :)

·
Profit
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn, i figured it was just my luck... i just came out of warranty. i had to replace the fuel pump last week and now this. makes me wonder if its best to just trade it in and get that 100k powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
215 Posts
how far out of warrant. if your lucky talk to them and see if they will do it for cheeper. most dealerships don't want to lose your business for buying the next car from them. just go in and see what they will do

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
A guy could make a good living off of Chevy truck transmissions alone. Steady stream of customers.

·
Profit
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how far out of warrant. if your lucky talk to them and see if they will do it for cheeper. most dealerships don't want to lose your business for buying the next car from them. just go in and see what they will do
yeah that would be nice, i already used my 3 or so mulligans since the warranty expired unfortunately. the guy told me specifically that the fuel pump was the last thing he could do for me. sucks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts