GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are people on here the detail and get paid for it. I just had a kid ask me how much I would do his truck for. I don't want to low ball myself but I don't want to rip the kid off. It is a single cab 08 silverado and its black.

If you don't want to post up your prices then feel free to pm them to me. I'm pretty sure its in fair condition as in swirls wise but what would be a good price.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
I really depends, are we talking about a 'detail' as in cleaning, or are we talking about scratch and swirl correction, and interior stain removal?

A truck that size for me would be $150 and would get detail wash, Quick Wax, wheels, interior cleaned.

Exterior is an additional $25 per panel for correction. Clay, Sealant, topped by Natty's is an additional $50.

Interior gets a good cleaning, Poor Boys Vinyl Trim treatment, then an additional $25 for each stain that need heat extraction (similar to $25/panel above)

Those are guidlines I go by. Helps me cover my effort and materials. Remember, your labor doesn't stop when you hand the keys over to him, you still have to mainenance your pads/towels and equipment.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm serious. $35 dollars in the texas heat, Fuck that. The kid wants a price for it and I was just wondering what the pros would recommend to charge. He said name a price and he will do it.:whoa:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really depends, are we talking about a 'detail' as in cleaning, or are we talking about scratch and swirl correction, and interior stain removal?

A truck that size for me would be $150 and would get detail wash, Quick Wax, wheels, interior cleaned.

Exterior is an additional $25 per panel for correction. Clay, Sealant, topped by Natty's is an additional $50.

Interior gets a good cleaning, Poor Boys Vinyl Trim treatment, then an additional $25 for each stain that need heat extraction (similar to $25/panel above)

Those are guidlines I go by. Helps me cover my effort and materials. Remember, your labor doesn't stop when you hand the keys over to him, you still have to mainenance your pads/towels and equipment.
I'm guessing just a quick wipe down of the interior and vacumn but a full correction on the outside. SSR2, SSR1, sealent, wax. The whole 9 yards really.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Have you ever done a black vehicle? It's a lot more work than any other color.

For cars i usually charge $60 for poli-seal

$120 for SSR1, glaze and wax

$220 for SSR2.5, SSR1 glaze and wax

$320 for SSR3, 2.5, 1 glaze and wax

Bigger vehicles like trucks, suv's and vans i usually charge an extra $40-60 depending on the size.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you ever done a black vehicle? It's a lot more work than any other color.

For cars i usually charge $60 for poli-seal

$120 for SSR1, glaze and wax

$220 for SSR2.5, SSR1 glaze and wax

$320 for SSR3, 2.5, 1 glaze and wax

Bigger vehicles like trucks, suv's and vans i usually charge an extra $40-60 depending on the size.
I have worked on daltons truck. Which is the really dark bllue.:shrug: It came out great:imo but I just wanted a price but 320 sounds like alot and I don't want the dude to think I'm trying to rip him off.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
im gonna do a camry next week for 200, buff it out and wax it. no interior, underhood or stuff like that. he works with me and is kinda my "first" customer
Lucky everyones car I have done has been for free:mad:. Im going to start charging those fuckers.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Dont overcharge for your first customers. You want to get your name out there and you can start to charge more as you progress and get more experience. I would say no more that $120 or so if you really arent extracting the carpet, cleaning under the hood, cleaning and treating leather, cleaning headliner, polishing any billet, chrome, AL, or doing major paint correction.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
:word: I'd charge him like 100-120 bucks since its a learning experience for you. Black is a really tough color and takes a lot of time but the results look great.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its not really for a buisness. I have talked to him before but I have mentoined that I can help out with getting the swirls out. I was thinking 150 to do it because it has 22's and all kinds of little things. I'm pretty sure he would want everything wiped down and clean. Nothing really major to do but correct the swirls that he has collected.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts