GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, looking for some help and or advice. I have a 2002 silverado ext.cab short bed/z71/4x4/black....... i have a PA 3inch body lift and oe style fender flares ready to install. I have a couple choices of wheels/tires and would like your feedback on looks and fitment. Im def. doing 18x9 with Nitto Trail Grapplers, but not sure what size will look best and fit, im thinkin either 285/65/18 or 295/70/18 with either the Helo he835 machined/black or the Eagle alloy 197 machined black. I would like for the tires/rims to stick out past the fenders just a little for a nice clean look, what do u all think?? thanks. (helos are +18 offset/ eagles are -11)

·
& Stump Pulling
1,041 Posts
hello all, looking for some help and or advice. I have a 2002 silverado ext.cab short bed/z71/4x4/black....... i have a PA 3inch body lift and oe style fender flares ready to install. I have a couple choices of wheels/tires and would like your feedback on looks and fitment. Im def. doing 18x9 with Nitto Trail Grapplers, but not sure what size will look best and fit, im thinkin either 285/65/18 or 295/70/18 with either the Helo he835 machined/black or the Eagle alloy 197 machined black. I would like for the tires/rims to stick out past the fenders just a little for a nice clean look, what do u all think?? thanks. (helos are +18 offset/ eagles are -11)
Trail Grappler MT's are a good choice. I would def get the 295's if it were me, you can clear them easy with a 3" BL. Both the wheels you picked look very similar, but I would go with the wider offset of the two (whatever one has the least backspace).

Post pics when done. Happy 4th.

·
& Stump Pulling
1,041 Posts
wow, that would be nice, but seems awful big to me. You got me thinking now haha

The wider offset eagle wheels will look better, and with the BL you should have no problems clearing the 295's. If you went with the helo's you should be able to stuff in the 35's without doing anything more than cranking your torsion bars a bit.

What are you gonna use the truck for? Is it a pavement pounder or are you planning on taking it out wheeling?

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
Trail Grappler MT's are a good choice. I would def get the 295's if it were me, you can clear them easy with a 3" BL. Both the wheels you picked look very similar, but I would go with the wider offset of the two (whatever one has the least backspace).

Post pics when done. Happy 4th.
Exactly, I run Nitto Trails in a 295 and I love them. Not one problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.