dieselz powerz
82 Posts
sticky. just keep an eye on them.

galvenized weights are unsightly.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I prefer hammer on weights.
Why? Becasue I used to work with tires and I could balance more accurately with them.

Just get them put on the inside.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
well, you might not have a choice either way.

Depending on the rim, you might not have any lip for the weights to be hammered on, so you have to do stick on.

G

·
They both accomplish the same thing. Generally speaking, hammer-on weights last longer if the proper ones are installed, but most people don't having these visible on custom wheels. I'd recommend hammer-ons for the inside lip and tape weights for balancing the outer portion of the setup (behind the spokes though).

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
They both accomplish the same thing. Generally speaking, hammer-on weights last longer if the proper ones are installed, but most people don't having these visible on custom wheels. I'd recommend hammer-ons for the inside lip and tape weights for balancing the outer portion of the setup (behind the spokes though).
:word: hell my wheels are OEM LTZ 20's and I told them I don't want hammer on on the outside, they look crappy. Hammer on on the inside lip and stick as needed.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
:word: hell my wheels are OEM LTZ 20's and I told them I don't want hammer on on the outside, they look crappy. Hammer on on the inside lip and stick as needed.
i have had my 20s balanced twice..my ss wheels...first time brand new with stick on..before i got home..they all fell off..so i washed the rim really good...went back about a few weeks later..got them balanced again..and they still fell off.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
stick on, clean wheel with carb cleaner, stick on wieght/s then tape over with aluminum tape.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
i have had my 20s balanced twice..my ss wheels...first time brand new with stick on..before i got home..they all fell off..so i washed the rim really good...went back about a few weeks later..got them balanced again..and they still fell off.
:shrug: Mine have been fine for 3,000 miles on these OEM wheels and I had some aftermarket 20's before that used no hammer on on the outside and they were fine for 25,000 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts