GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and need your recommendations.

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra 4x4 with nearly 200K miles on it. Recently I detected a slight noise/vibration. Today I've isolated it to the driver side wheel bearing hub.

I plan on replacing this my self. But currently looking at which hub is the best value. Currently my thoughts are going with the MOOG.

OPTIONS:
OEM from GM $461
Duralast Gold $269
Precision $239
MOOG $222
Duralast $169
Drive works $167
Line Master $166
PDC $149

What do you recommend?

I have no immediate plans to sell this truck.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Only thing worth getting is Timken

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in the Cincinnati Ohio area and haven't found a supplier of Timken. Do any of the chain stores carry them?

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
rockauto.com for timkens

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Duralast

:troll3:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Cheapest Timkens you'll find is on Ebay! Not Rockauto. Sorry it's true though, I bought my Timken hubs from Ebay from a vendor there and it came out to far less than what Rockauto was charging, and the Ebay vendor had free shipping.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I put in Moog last time.

·
2006 Sierra ECSB 4x4
95 Posts
FYI. The OEM AC Delco hubs are made by Timken. Here is a pic of the factory hub that I took off my 2006 Sierra a couple of months ago.
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is a pic of the new AC Delco hub that I put on.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
FYI. The OEM AC Delco hubs are made by Timken. Here is a pic of the factory hub that I took off my 2006 Sierra a couple of months ago.
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is a pic of the new AC Delco hub that I put on.
[/URL][/IMG]
So you paid 2X the price for Timken? :insane2:

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
there's also skf hubs from napa that are suppose to be pretty good.

·
STOCK TRUCK
1,324 Posts
I live in the Cincinnati Ohio area and haven't found a supplier of Timken. Do any of the chain stores carry them?
I just live across the river on the east side of town. I wouldnt have ever guess Smyth has Timken unit bearings in stock.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I couldn't find timkens locally. I've got precisions with a 3 year warranty. They lasted about 2 1/2 years and I just replaced them under the warranty. I'm lifted with wide wheels though so that probably contributes to them wearing out faster than normal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts