GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing my rotors and pads today and noticed I can rock the tire in and out abotu 1/8th of inch. My truck has 23K miles and about 1000 miles on the lift. Wheel hub bearings? Link to a repair write up?

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Damn, that was quick. :insane:

Search threads under user MotoHead, he has a nice write up, but his truck is a NBS not sure what changed on them.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
The ShiZnit!
1,062 Posts
yeah i know....so im right? "Hub Bearing need to be replaced? Is it still whole assembly?
yeah you had to unbolt them off the stock spindles, and put them on the fabtech spindles. They were shaped like a triangle and had 3 bolts holding them on. That was really fast, something is going on.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
holy shit! Im missing one of the three hub assembly bolts and the other two were loose as fuck! That could have been bad!!!! I tightened the other two back up and there is no play. Im goign to Vatozone tomorrow to get the missing bolt :eek:

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Well, that explains a few things. Good thing you caught it early, nothing like having a wheel pass you up on the interstate. :)

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Must have been a woman driving it :imo
yes my wife drove the truck for 15K miles while I was gone. LOL..The one rotor and pad was bad due to the hub assembly being loose. I replaced both sides just because. I have double checked every bolt (every week or so) except that god damn hub assembly. I feel like a complete moron right now. Im just glad I decided to do it. I have had a mooshy pedal for about 2-3 weeks now. I thought it was air in the lines or something. After tightening it all back up and replacing the stuff, its back to feeling normal again. I guess you gotta learn some time huh? SHIT

·
Registered
391 Posts
its okay i had sort of the same situation with a u bolt, stuff happens you just have to learn from it. And at least your wife didn't take out the garage door.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
yes my wife drove the truck for 15K miles while I was gone. LOL..The one rotor and pad was bad due to the hub assembly being loose. I replaced both sides just because. I have double checked every bolt (every week or so) except that god damn hub assembly. I feel like a complete moron right now. Im just glad I decided to do it. I have had a mooshy pedal for about 2-3 weeks now. I thought it was air in the lines or something. After tightening it all back up and replacing the stuff, its back to feeling normal again. I guess you gotta learn some time huh? SHIT
Glad to here you caught it before someone got hurt.

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
glad you fixed the issue before any damage occurred. The installer should have used loctite on the bolts holding the hub assembly to the knuckle. It's in the past now and fixed. Like your truck by the way! Nice stance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts