GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might be able to get some rims... looking to get 18's. i got a 2003 sierra with a 4/6 drop. i wanna know what size tires to get to keep the same overall diameter and how much backspacing i should look for. i'm looking to get centerlines any opinions will help.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i'd get 20s... 18s look way to small on nbs trucks. Try looking at boss and AR rims too. They tuck also.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
damn thats a big price jump when going to 22's i think since you have a single cab some nice 20's and lower pro tires would look good

www.bigjimsrims.com has some damn good deals on some cheap 20's that look good imo

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Centerlines mostly have 8" wheels with 5" of backspacing. These will work just fine with slightly smaller tires than stock. To run the same size as stock you will need 5.5" of backspacing...Centerline doesn't offer this choice. You will have to go to a two-piece billet wheel that offers "custom backspacing" to get this.

Centerline 18's and 20's are so close in price its crazy, like 10 dollars more a wheel for 20's :eek:

Now 22's are almost double the price of 18's...so thats out of most peoples budget.

a 4/6 on 20's with a 245/40/20 tire looks great. I ran this combo for awhile, then went to 4/8 and still loved it. I still have my centerlines and 245/40/20 hankooks, they wear fast, but are great tires. Good price too.

Good luck...i'd have to advise against 18's, you'll only be happy for a few days

·
Sunburnt or Drunk
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well some how or another my uncle might be able to hook me up with a "freebie" he mentioned 20's but i don't know, still gotta talk to him a little more..... thanks for the input, it helps alot. if i do get 20s i would want the most sidewall i could get without looking like shit.... what tire size do y'all think?? 245/40,50,60?? (if they make 'em??)

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
C-ERA03 said:
well some how or another my uncle might be able to hook me up with a "freebie" he mentioned 20's but i don't know, still gotta talk to him a little more..... thanks for the input, it helps alot. if i do get 20s i would want the most sidewall i could get without looking like shit.... what tire size do y'all think?? 245/40,50,60?? (if they make 'em??)
I would go with 20's with a 245/40 tire. The hankooks Y2KSierra mentioned are a good tire that looks good and you can get them for a really good price compared to other tires and what they cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts