GMC Truck Forum banner

Wheel Spacer question

13K views 59 replies 22 participants last post by  JoeR 
#1 ·
I got 4- 1/5" Billet spacers this week. Installed one of em tonight and didnt like the way the wheel just sat on the lugs and they werent hub centric. Do they make hub centric spacers? The only ones Ive seen arent. The plastic cap worked for mating the spacer to my hub. but the wheel doesnt have anything to center on. Just didnt seem safe to me, so I took em off. Any thoughtS?

#9 ·
spacers out back to make it appear even with the front tires, will affect your turning radius.
and you have lug centric spacers. Torque them and loctite them.

#20 ·
Lets hope I dont die.
Mine have been on my truck for over a year (with no loc-tight mind you) and I have had no problems. I check the torque regularly, but they have never had to be retorqued.

#21 ·
Mine have been on my truck for over a year (with no loc-tight mind you) and I have had no problems. I check the torque regularly, but they have never had to be retorqued.
and they are lug centric? I guess Im over thinking this then.

#22 ·
Yep. Lug centric on the axle side and on the wheel side. You are overthinking it. Just put them on and keep tabs on the torque of both sets of nuts. Check it at first after 50mi. Kind of like "seating" a new aluminum wheel.

#23 ·
ok well put em on and rode about20-30 miles and rechecked em. Still tight, used Loctite too. Not dead yet :head:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.