GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I was wondering if i could get wheel adapters to adapt my 5x5 bolt pattern to a 5x4.75 Bolt pattern. I simply cannot find 18" wheels in a 5x5 bolt pattern, i search ebay and there all for 5x4.75" wheels or 6x5.5 Bolt patterns...its like no one makes a billet or 5 spoke 5x5" bolt pattern wheel.

Can someone please help me find adapters, or 5x5 wheels?

Thanks,
Dave

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I would strongly recommend not getting adapters or spacers of any kind. It puts way to much stress on your suspension and wheel bearings. Just last week there was SL500 Benz that used spacers to fit some 20" wheels. Well, the wheel fell of driving down the Highway, and caused over $5000 worth of damage.

This is not just :imo , this is a fact.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah ive found a couple more 5 spoke wheels i like. Im not a big fan of "intro" wheels, everyones been getting them and i like to stick to things that aren't so common. But i think im going with them temporarily anyway...I think im gonna go with the Endless Series (specifically the 5-star wheel). In an 18x8...there a little pricey at $1500 (i can buy some eagle 20's for $1000) but i like cheaper tires and still being able to fit a 10.5" sticky on em for the track.

I know alot of people have intro's...so are they a good quality and whatnot? If anyone has the 5-star Endless series wheels...are they lightweight?

I'm eventually going to buy some budnik's...but the wheels im lookin at, i was quoted $700 a wheel from the local budnik dealer...so it'll be awhile.

Thanks for the info/help/etc,
Dave

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i've seen intros, budniks and billet specialties in person... personally i would buy them in this order... intro, billet specialties then budnik :imo

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info down...i guess adapters aren't good on fullsize vehicles eh? My bro has been running 2" billet adapters on his 3rd gen (to run vette rims) and he has never had a problem with them...

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts