GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gotta Pay to Play
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, probably not gonna be able to afford to do my fts lift, and a set of new wheels and tires all at once. So my plan is to get the lift with adjustable bilsteins, set at 7" and run my current setup (oem 20s on 295 / 55) until I'm able to afford 22x12s and 35s and adjust up to 9". What size spacers would you guys recommend I get to move them out just a bit. Don't want them sticking out like a sore thumb but don't want them tucked in either. I have no experience with spacers. Pics would be awesome as well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Alright guys, probably not gonna be able to afford to do my fts lift, and a set of new wheels and tires all at once. So my plan is to get the lift with adjustable bilsteins, set at 7" and run my current setup (oem 20s on 295 / 55) until I'm able to afford 22x12s and 35s and adjust up to 9". What size spacers would you guys recommend I get to move them out just a bit. Don't want them sticking out like a sore thumb but don't want them tucked in either. I have no experience with spacers. Pics would be awesome as well.
I think if you run spacers with the x12's they will stick out like a sore thumb, lol

·
(╯°□°)╯
891 Posts
running x12s and 2" spacers. trucks away for winter. ill see if I can find some pics.

if I cant.

do it anyways.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Since you are asking about the oe wheels. On a stock set up 2" spacers put the wheels pretty flush to the fender. I don't know how much your current lift pushed the track width out if it does at all so that will give you an idea

·
(╯°□°)╯
891 Posts
:hahano: didn't read..saw 12s and spacers and got excited.

2" spacers with x8s will be fairly flush, if not a tad outside.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So, what about stock 17s, I am looking into some new rims but strapped for cash at the moment, was thinking of putting spacers on to change the look. Also, will it cause issues pulling a camper??

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Wed have to see how much the lift pushes out the front track width. Might want to run 2 different width spacers to keep the front and rear width the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts