GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has came up, but I could not find anything that answer my questions.
This is my first lifted Silverado and I have noticed that the rear wheels are tucked in further than the front with using the same offset wheels WHY.

Is there anything safe that you can do to fix if that is the case also if it's wheel spacers what brand and how big should I buy ??
Thank

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Your lift in the front pushed your track width out most likely. Buy 1.5-2" wheel spacers for the rear

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Bora is a popular brand. You can also get them from the rough country vendor on here. I've ran ebay spacers with no problems too. Just get them from a reputable seller.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Bora spacers are a scam considering Rcx works fine at half the cost

·
boogity boogity
995 Posts
I've had no issues with my RCX's. Probably have 20k on them.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
just make sure you torque them to spec. and retorque after 50 miles or so.

torque spec for our trucks is 140ft-lbs for 14x1.50 thread pitch studs.

·
"...needs more tire..."
1,750 Posts
1.5" should be perfect imo. just remember your gonna have to shave those little nubs off the wheel studs to run em. The proper tourqe spec is going to be key. GL sir. :cheers:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm running 1.75" BORAs all around on my truck. 6k miles and no problems. Just rotated tires and checked torque and everything is perfect. You can get the BORAs custom made to be hub centric for your specific wheel bore also.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
1.5" should be perfect imo. just remember your gonna have to shave those little nubs off the wheel studs to run em. The proper tourqe spec is going to be key. GL sir. :cheers:
I thought you didn't have to do any modifying if you run 1.5" or wider spacers?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
"...needs more tire..."
1,750 Posts
2" clears. 1.5" requires slight trim.
this^ Takes only a few minutes a wheel. Last set I did, I just used air w/a cutting wheel and I rounded off the tips w/a grinding wheel. You can do it with a hack saw if you really wanted too imo. It's literally only ~1/4" to remove so the wheel can sit right.

re torque after every rotate and/or full polish should be plenty as well.

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
This is only true if your wheels have reliefs in the mounting surface. Most wheels are flat though and trimming is required.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Anybody run the rcx's on the front? Guess I should read more about lug and hub centric spacers. Seems a lot of people like different styles

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
I'd only run hubcentric on the front. Just for piece of mind

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think you can run 1.5" in the rear without trimming. At least on my nbs. 1.75"s clear perfect on the front. Heres a pic of the front. No trimming. You can just see the tips of the studs from an angle. They don't stick out.
image_zps647386fd.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts