GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I have a question, I have a 2010 Silverado with a 2" level kit, I was thinking of doing the pocket style fender flares with a 2" wheel spacer to bring my tires out give it a better stance,
First question what's the reliability of spacers? and I also plow with my truck in the winter should I be worried about the weight on the spacer, and my wheel bearings?
Is there anyone in here with these on there truck and actually use is to plow or haul or anything?
Thanks..

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Nothing wrong with running wheel spacers. I have rough country 2" spacers all around on my 2500hd and have had plenty of weight in the rear. [MENTION=2521]BigBlue02HD[/MENTION] has 2" spacers in the rear on his hd, and 2" all around on his 1500.

I can't see them being a problem with the plow being on. Plow only weighs @500 Lbs or so if that.

Say no to pocket flares

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Hey there,
I have a question, I have a 2010 Silverado with a 2" level kit, I was thinking of doing the pocket style fender flares with a 2" wheel spacer to bring my tires out give it a better stance,
First question what's the reliability of spacers? and I also plow with my truck in the winter should I be worried about the weight on the spacer, and my wheel bearings?
Is there anyone in here with these on there truck and actually use is to plow or haul or anything?
Thanks..
I personally would never use spacers on the front at all. Especially with the weight of a plow.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Spacers in the front are fine. Keep them properly torqued and you won't know the difference

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Would you rather hold a 25lb weight in your hand, or hold a 25lb weight out on the end of a 4ft pole?
Still no different than running a wheel with the same negative offset the spacer would give you. 16x8 with 5.5 backspacing and a 1.5" spacer, or a 16x8 with 4" backspacing. Either way the forces acting on the hub/suspension/steering will be the same. But also either way the wear on those parts will be increased.

As far as towing/plowing on spacers, sure lot's of people do it. I've hauled up to about 16k on spacers on 4 different trucks and never seen an issue. I could go on but it's been beat to death, do a search.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Still no different than running a wheel with the same negative offset the spacer would give you. 16x8 with 5.5 backspacing and a 1.5" spacer, or a 16x8 with 4" backspacing. Either way the forces acting on the hub/suspension/steering will be the same. But also either way the wear on those parts will be increased.

As far as towing/plowing on spacers, sure lot's of people do it. I've hauled up to about 16k on spacers on 4 different trucks and never seen an issue. I could go on but it's been beat to death, do a search.
True, but I also do not like extreme negative offsets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts