GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting wheel spacers for my truck. It has a 7" fabtech and soon to be 3" body. 10 inches on a 2WD. I have 35x12.50's on 16x8's. if I get a 2 inch wheel spacer on each wheel will I rub? and does anyone have any experience with these spacers, are they durable or do they look funny?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i wouldn't use wheel spacers if it were me...they are too dangerous...some people use them and have no problems, but i wouldn't risk it...i would just get rims wiht the right backspacing so u don't rub...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I agree, I would stay away from spacers. Most people will tell you teh same.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Didn't some guy on the other site lose a wheel while going down the highway because of using spacers? :LOL:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Spacers aren't a bad thing when used properly. Don't use them on something that can't handle the additional load on the wheelbearings. Also don't just torque them on then never check them again. It took me 6 times of torquing mine every week to get them to stay tight. I run 1.5" spacers in the back to make my rear the same width as the front and I'm pretty hard on it with no problems.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
willyswanter said:
Spacers aren't a bad thing when used properly. Don't use them on something that can't handle the additional load on the wheelbearings. Also don't just torque them on then never check them again. It took me 6 times of torquing mine every week to get them to stay tight. I run 1.5" spacers in the back to make my rear the same width as the front and I'm pretty hard on it with no problems.
Most people wont take the time to check them often to make them safe, thats why I generally recomend not using them.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RedneckDude said:
i wouldn't use wheel spacers if it were me...they are too dangerous...some people use them and have no problems, but i wouldn't risk it...i would just get rims wiht the right backspacing so u don't rub...
I dont need the spacers because of back spacing, I have the right back spacing. I just want them to make my tires stick out wider! I think that would look very nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts