GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to get some for the rear wheels since with spindles my front tires stick out while my rear tires are tucked under

what is the safest width, my front tires stick out about 1.5 inches out the fender

how much of a wheel spacer is safe and durable and where can i buy them

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
safest wheel spacer width is 0.0" :imo

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
safest wheel spacer width is 0.0" :imo
figured that i guess ill have to get a rim that sticks it out a little

some 24s on 33s

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know, im 5 lug would a 1.25 be that unsafe

Im pretty hardcore and bury my truck up to the antenna every other day :lol:

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
You will never get anyone here to say wheel spacers are safe. Period... But I remember a member here with 2.5" spacers and running 44s and he was fine and still is.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There is nothing wrong with quality built wheel spacers. The best wheel spacers are hubcentric. These are better because the hub flange on the rear axle is supporting the majority of the load and the wheel studs are relied on for clamping force. Less shear force is on the studs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I clipped a light pole with the drivers side front wheel @ 60+ mph, it ripped the upper ball out of its socket & the lower control arm out of the frame but did not damage the 1.5" wheel spacer at all. Since that I have been a believer in a QUALITY spacer.

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
a good rule of thumb is to measure youre penis and never get a wheel spacer wider than the length of your penis. so in your case, I would go with no more than a 2"

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
a good rule of thumb is to measure youre penis and never get a wheel spacer wider than the length of your penis. so in your case, I would go with no more than a 2"
Thats why I have no wheel spacers anymore.lol:anitoof: I am hung like a fetis.lol:LOL:

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
There is nothing wrong with quality built wheel spacers. The best wheel spacers are hubcentric. These are better because the hub flange on the rear axle is supporting the majority of the load and the wheel studs are relied on for clamping force. Less shear force is on the studs.
Couldn't have said it better myself:shake:

·
Save a tree eat a beaver
43 Posts
I had to put 1/2" spacers on my front and I was nervous about that! You boys got some big nerks puttin 1.5" and 2" on your trucks!!

1/2" is as big as I could go on my truck with out changing the studs. It does put more strain on your studs, but I havn't seen any problems with mine yet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had to put 1/2" spacers on my front and I was nervous about that! You boys got some big nerks puttin 1.5" and 2" on your trucks!!

1/2" is as big as I could go on my truck with out changing the studs. It does put more strain on your studs, but I havn't seen any problems with mine yet.
The spacers that are 1", 1.25", up to 2" are made from an aircraft quality billet aluminum that actually bolt to the hub with a second set of studs protruding for the wheel to bolt to. This is where they are superior to the conventional spacer (usually the 1/8" -1/2") that simply goes between the hub flange & the wheel. They are usually a brittle cast that can often break down over time. This style also increases the load on the studs tremendously and often ignores the hubcentric aspect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts