GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are most of you running for wheel/tire balancing on your lifted rigs with larger tires and aftermarket alloy rims and success of each in nullifying vibration problems?

Typical wheel weights? Mark up the rims a little where located?
Dynamic balancing media (Dyna Beads, BBs, etc.)?

I installed the Dyna Beads at the time of tire mounting, but not entirely happy with them. Still vibration at 60-70 mph sometimes worse than others.

Thanks

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
you shouldnt need dynabeads wiht a radial

·
Registered
117 Posts
at work (discount tire), I usually do a dymanic split on aftermarket wheels where you can use clip weights on the outside of the wheel.

Clip weight weight on backside edge, and tape weight insde the wheel towards the outer edge.....hard as hell to get a perfect balance, but it seems to be a much more REAL balance, vs. static slip or static tape.

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
you shouldnt need dynabeads wiht a radial
:word:

Judging from his sig, he's only running 35" Toyo MTs. You can spin ballance them easy. MAY take 5 ounces ea.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
love my hammer on weights

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
Stickys on the inside always work fine for me...I have seen some goofy stuff like a cup of anti-freeze per tire and other weird shit that our customers request.

·
4,725 Posts
My best results have been with the stick on weights for the backside of the wheel. The rim-mounted ones tend to not have enough weight for such large, heavy tires. I've ran Equal but never really have been happy with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts